PLEASE DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE IF YOU ARE MESSAGED BY USERS WITH LIMITED POSTS/INTERACTIONS IN THE COMMUNITY FOR OFFERS

PLEASE DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE IF YOU ARE MESSAGED BY USERS WITH LIMITED POSTS/INTERACTIONS IN THE COMMUNITY FOR OFFERS

If you post an offer seeking wine and someone with no history messages you selling the wine, please do your due diligence in interacting with them.

Thanks, Charlie. Exactly what our ‘real names policy’ is, and why we have a 25 post minimum for Commerce Corner. You can’t POST in Commerce Corner without meeting this meager requirement, and if someone who has no history here tries to buy from you, buyer beware!!!

2 Likes

Just FYI - I have had two such inquiries in the past month and I just ignored the offers. It does happen. Be careful out there.

1 Like

Thanks for provide this info! I am new to here, and I was wondering why I couldn’t create new topic.

2 Likes

You mean seller beware? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cellar beware!

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I thought I would just drop a humble opinion as a long time watcher. I am completely legit as a prospective buyer/seller. I just find I have very little to offer conversations and have for years now, preferred to stay on the sidelines and pay attention to the pricing and demand situation. I hope something like my long time registration to the site might be an indicator. Just my $.02. I’ll go back to my hole and hide now. You guys are fun to read. Thanks

Darrell

1 Like

@Datrell
Thanks for posting, ditto for me. I also have 10 years posting on CellarTracker.

I guess at least this will count towards my minimum!

1 Like

Anytime I interact with someone who has very little post history, I have asked that they ship first. I’ve had no issues and the other side understands the perception/concern that comes with little to no post history. It has worked well so far, so just another option to protect yourself.

2 Likes