Freshly tinned Astrea Caviar in stock for Thanksgiving - 25% off all orders with code CLAYFU

All orders to be placed through the website below. Make sure to use the below code “CLAYFU” for your additional discount - we’ve already sold out of almost all of the 200G tins and have a few 100g left, so if you’re looking for larger tins I’d move quickly.

This batch is incredible, the eggs are gigantic. I took the Kaluga Hybrid and Schrenckii out for a taste test with a couple of restaurant clients and they were all shocked by the size of the Kaluga and Schrenckii eggs.

Shipping costs

All orders above $185 are free shipping (previously it was $300)

For orders below $185 (previously it was a flat $50 shipping fee)

West Coast $10
(California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico)

Mid West $35
(Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.)

The South $35
(Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and West Virginia.

East Coast $35
(New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Maine, and Virginia)

Hawaii & Alaska $50
(Hawaii and Alaska)

A little about the caviar

The sturgeon are raised 6,500ft above sea level. The pure spring water, stable year-round temperature and lack of pollution ensure the best growing condition for our sturgeons. At such high altitude our fish grow slower, and as a result, lay eggs that are larger in size and more complex in flavor.

Our sturgeons range in age from 10 to over 25 years old. > For reference, most caviar is produced from fish that are anywhere from five to eight years old. When they reach maturity, we don’t extract the eggs until the third roe production cycle. The fish absorb the first two roe cycles, which gives them additional nutrition to produce bigger and more flavorful eggs in the third cycle.

Before extraction, we transfer the fish into low-temperature fish ponds with controlled conditions of 8% salt content and a temperature of 40-45 degrees Fahrenheit. There they reside for two months to mimic deep sea conditions. Once extracted, the eggs are cleaned and cured with less than 3% salt content before going through an > extended aging period of one to four months> . These practices add complexity and depth to our caviar’s flavor.

Our sturgeons fish are grown in natural spring water. We never treat them with antibiotics, instead, we use proprietary natural healing organic herbs to boost immunity. We do not use borax as a preservative, nor do we use food coloring to enhance the color of our eggs. What you see and taste is all natural, a product of carefully raised, mature sturgeon combined with a specialized aging process we have perfected. Similar to wine making, the process of curing and aging caviar is a closely guarded trade secret, an art form unto itself.

#1 - Our Premier Selection - Baerii sturgeon. Our Baerii caviar is harvested from pure bred Siberian Acipenser Baerii sturgeons of at least 10 in age. The eggs are medium in size with black to pearl grey tone, silky texture and long, pure finish of the ocean. Aged 1-2 months.

#2 - Our other Premier Selection and most popular - Kaluga Hybrid. Our Kaluga hybrid caviar is harvested from cross bred Huso Dauricus and Acipenser Schrenckii sturgeons of at least twelve years in age. The eggs are large in size, pearl grey to golden brown in color. It has a rich yet elegant creamy flavor with firm and crisp texture complemented by persistent, complex finish. Aged 1-2 months.

#3 - One of our flagship caviar Grand selection Schrenckii Sturgeon. Amur Sturgeon caviar–is harvested from pure bred Acipenser Schrenckii sturgeons from Heilongjiang, a north eastern province that borders Russia. Sturgeons are 12 to 16 years in age and their eggs are medium to large in size, light brown or grey to golden in color, with a bright golden shimmer.

If anyone questions, feel free to PM me, reply here or email me at CaviarCharlie@gmail.com. All orders can now be placed through the website!!

I had to pick up some Kaluga and Schrenckii.

The kaluga this batch is ridiculously good. A restaurant client picked up 1kg of it once he tasted it!

First order in! Thank you Charlie for the prompt reply to my PM.

Appreciate it albert! Enjoy

Placed my first order - 30g of all three available (why not?)
Thanks!

thanks Mike! Enjoy! let me know if you have any questions

Ordered the Kaluga and Schrenckii to celebrate my wife’s birthday. Charlie and co. went out of their way to accommodate – the caviar arrived in time, and was truly excellent. We will be back! champagne.gif

thanks matt! Glad we were able to get that rush saturday delivery to you :slight_smile: Happy birthday to your wife!

Bump! Our november shipment just came to replenish our stockings!

Thanks for the reminder - i was waiting for a Thanksgiving treat!

Kaluga and Schrenckii are my usual go to’s.

I bought 80 grams just to try it. I haven’t had anything from Astrea before. If it’s as good as it looks Ill stock up for New Years.

blast from the past! Hope you’re well Gene

edited to reflect 2nd sample opening.

Trying the schrenckii now. Amazing. This one doesn’t really pop but it’s insanely fresh tasting. I know there is also variability between tins which can account for the less than poppy texture. Just opened up the hybrid. Wow! Amazing, such large crisp roe. Bummer there are no more 200G or 100G tins. Reordering more 50G tins tonight. Thank you!

On a different note: Watched On The Rocks with Bill Murray. Not a great film but there is a great scene where he breaks out a caviar tote in the car and opens up what looks like a 500G tin to eat on a stake out.

Doing well. Thank you. Looks like you are too.

Ordered more Grand Selection Schrenckii. I should have read this whole post before ordering; I would have also considered the Kaluga; I’ve yet to try that.