No Reserve Auction. Less than 6 hours to go. 1997 Terre Del Grico 'Monstyronum'. Italy, Puglia.

I somehow acquired 3 bottles of this wine, drank one tonight, not my cup of tea (or wine). Got 2 remaining.
Pretty sure this was a Parker recommendation from back in the day.
Mostly Primitivo, some other grapes mixed in.

Low US WS Pro is $95 per bottle in Nashville, no other offers either in the US or globally.

2 bottles to go.

Post bids here, total price for both bottles. Public.

Highest bid by Friday at 5pm EST takes the 2 bottles.

You pay for shipping, you send me a shipping label and take shipping risk.

No bids so far? Bid $1. If you win I’ll send the wine for $1 and a shipping label. Someone want to get the ball rolling? Might get the 2 bottles for $1! Good CT reviews, take a shot!!!

Snipers

$1.99

We have a bid. Brent is the current high bid at $1.99 for a total of 2 bottles. If this is the high bid, I’m gonna sell them and Brent is gonna get a good deal.
Anyone Else??
Bid is $1.99. Going once… Going Twice…

$5.23. Sorry Brent

$36

Tim with the new high bid with about 30 hours to go!

11 hours to go…

The high bid is currently $36!!!

10 Hours remain.

Tim the high bidder at $36

Going…

We’re down to under 6 hours!!

Tim the High Bidder at $36…

Going… Going…

$38

Sniper!! [wow.gif]

And we have a winner. 2 bottles for $38 + a shipping label. YLee, Contact me by PM and we’ll work out details.

I still think you’re winning here Peter, even at $19 per.

Agreed. If I remember correctly, this was one of the wines in Small Vineyards’ book. I think this is the same producer that made the Forte Canto line of wines. Back in mid-2000s, Forte Canto had a great inexpensive (under $10) Negroamaro – rustic but still tasty. Somehow I ended up with a bottle of the Monstyronum when I was part of a wine club at a local shop. Put it away in the back of my cellar, and pulled it out a few years ago. Lets just say there’s a reason I didn’t bid on these. That being said, hope the buyer enjoys them!

Michael

As I wrote at the beginning. I tried one, not for me! Think I’m not a Primativo guy…

Pretty sure it’s mostly Negroamaro, I think the style is the issue, not the blend.

Winemaker Notes
A blend of 55% Negroamaro, 30% Aleatico and 15% Primitivo.
Perhaps the most ambitious wine ever attempted in the South of Italy, Massimiliano Apollonio has created a monster - a beautiful, impossibly alluring and opulent wine that defies all that you know of Southern varietals. Aged in new barrique for nearly seven years. An impossibly well-balanced wine, with steeped plum, brambleberry, cocoa, and whiskey aromas. Deeper still is cinnamon, clove and rose water. Will age for thirty to fifty years.

Maybe it’s not supposed to be drunk until 2027 or 2037?