FS: Sold

Thank you, everyone! champagne.gif

Pm sent

What was sold?

His soullllllll.

My point is that it would be helpful if people that post wines for sale kept the original post up, and didn’t just post “Sold”. Even if they want to keep the ultimate sale price private (totally legit), it would give others some idea of the value placed on a specific set of wines. Just my two-cents…

1 Like

Ppl delete it bc otherwise you keep getting contacted.

edit by mod: no comments on pricing - even if deleted or sold.

Some prices weren’t bad

Damn was eyeing that Rougeard!

I also find this insanely annoying. Never seen anything like it on any other forum platform. I don’t get why they would still get contacted if it said sold?

Bc ppl can’t read. I made a post seeking to buy something and got it filled in a day and got emails and pms regularly for 3 months

I wasn’t trying to contact the seller in an attempt to purchase wine that was already listed as “sold”…

My point is, why not just keep the original post up, with the wine listed and the asking price, and then put “sold” after that. This way, people can at least get some general idea of what the wine sold for. Maybe not the exact sale price, which can be the product of a private negotiation, but some general idea. It helps add information and data points as to what a specific wine is worth in the marketplace.

So something like:

For sale, 4-bottles of 2016 Rivers-Marie Napa Cab, $80/bottle, buyer pays for shipping. (Sold)

As oppossed to just “SOLD”. When I clicked on the post I originally referrenced, the original text of what wine was for sale was gone. Just listing “SOLD” provides zero useful information.

Lastly, this is not a beef with Curtis, the original poster, I see this happen a lot in this forum.

Look, it’s not a big deal either way, to each his own…

A couple days ago I was messaged for something i sold a YEAR ago from a random person asking for it at the same price.

That’s crazy!