WTB: 1982 Cheval Blanc

I’m seeking two bottles of this cuvee for my wife and my 40ths next year.

I have been busy collecting some 82 specimens for this occasion, but this is the white whale that has eluded me. It is special to us because CV is the first First Growth BDX that we had together. We have never had the 82, but we have had a few other vintages in the past 10 years or so and loved every one. There’s just a special connection we have with CV and I can’t see our 40ths come and go without a bottle of the 82 CV on the table.

My hope is that some wonderful Berserker with a cellar full of these beauties will be willing to offer me 1 or 2 at a reasonable price.

Thank you!

Cheval Blanc is not a First Growth.

Fair enough.

Premier Grand Cru Classé!

I remember buying on release. The wine impressed me at a 1982 Bordeaux tasting in 1985. Paid $42.50 a bottle. Could only afford 2.

TTT. A very generous offer from a great member has me one bottle. Still looking for 1 more bottle.

Heritage Auctions has several ‘82 Cheval Blancs coming up in an early March rare wine auction.

Just picked up a second bottle from Blacksmith! (hopefully, if somebody else didn’t snipe me first…)

However, if you have some to sell, certainly still let me know.

When and where in atlanta do you plan on opening these? :grin:

It is considered a First Growth. It is Premier Cru Classe A and they participate equally in all the First Growth tastings, research and events.

1 Like

But technically, not. [cheers.gif]