Biggio Hamina Sangiovese

Time to hustle some more wine online… What’s this? Sangio? From Washington? Red Mountain in fact. Kiona vineyard even. It’s tasty and needs some new homes. I am pretty sure there’s less than twenty cases left, so two prices: 6er and case.

6er = $180 & free shipping, 12 bottle case: $310 & free shipping. These prices are stupid, but I am on a thinning gig and also in charge. No one can stop me.

Much like everything else I make it was about 40 days total in the fermenter, 20% whole cluster and aged for 22 months in neutral French oak. Unfiltered. As in zero filtration, which is of the devil anyways.

Your significant other will love it. Your guests will swoon. Reread both of those sentences again please.

Some of you like scores:
2016 Biggio Hamina Sangiovese Kiona Vineyard
Limpid ruby. Smoke- and spice-accented red berry and dried cherry scents are lifted by a building floral topnote. Nicely concentrated red currant, bitter cherry and spicecake flavors are complemented by a hint of succulent herbs. Finishes silky, gently sweet and quite long, with smooth tannins coming in late to add shape and final grip.

– Josh Raynolds 91 Josh Raynolds 2021 - 2027 $40.00 Sep 2020 - Vinous

Call, write, text as you wish. Probably ship in a couple weeks. It’s crazy out there. Thanks.