Riesling blow out

Need a crispy white to pull the enamel off your teeth this summer? Enjoy carbon monoxide from the exhaust pipe of a Peugeot 405? Do you relish the way your hands smell after you chop pineapple? Ever lick a rock and like it?

If you answered yes to these questions, then I have the wine for you! 2012 Biggio Hamina Cellars Sunnyside vineyard Riesling. It’s ready for fun.

$190 a case, $100 a six pack. Ships on Monday at no charge to you. Please respond with your shipping and email addresses, thanks!

Additional details: this vineyard was planted in 1974.

Some of you like scores…

2012 Biggio Hamina Riesling Sunnyside Vineyard
Pale yellow. Lively mineral-accented aromas of quince and orange zest are complemented by pungent floral and mineral flourishes that build with aeration. Tangy and precise in the mouth displaying firm bite to the sappy orchard and citrus fruit flavors. Shows excellent clarity and finishes with strong tangy cut and mineral-driven persistence.

– Josh Raynolds 91 Vinous 2018 - 2023 Jan 2017

I should add that this is a zero zero wine, meaning there are no fermentable sugars left and it is technically dry. And there is zero malic acid left either. It has not been filtered nor has it been cold stabilized (there will be sediment). It was also spontaneously fermented. I do add SO2, but not much.

Email sent

1 Like

What do you mean there is zero malolactic acid left?

I’m not sure if you mean malic acid, which would imply this riesling went through malolactic fermentation which would be different. Or if you mean lactic acid, in which case I’m not sure why you say left.

Typo, zero malic left. Sorry.

I edited it for you Guillermo. Do you prefer 6 or 12?

I’ll probably take a 6-pack but I’ll message you because I may want another wine as well.

1 Like

What do you find a match for this food wise?

Virtually anything from the sea, but also fatty dishes where you don’t want a red. Easy way of thinking is that if you’d pair it with a Muscadet, then this wine would work too.

Like Todd mentioned, I think Riesling goes with almost any meat that isn’t red. I love it with risottos, pastas, chicken and pork. Any type of central or northern European food, like choucroute, sausages, sauerkraut, wursts etc is always a good match.

1 Like

I think Riesling goes great with red meat too!

2 Likes

There’s still Riesling to be had!

Todd,

I’d love to purchase a 6-pack. Let me know how to proceed…Thanks!

Quote from OP

“ $190 a case, $100 a six pack. Ships on Monday at no charge to you. Please respond with your shipping and email addresses, thanks!”

1 Like

Going to the warehouse tomorrow for more Riesling. So if you didn’t get a tracking number… ships Tuesday! Thanks for understanding.

Todd,

Still have this available? I’d take a sixer.

Thanks

Indeed, ship Monday? Thanks

Update: shipping out Wednesday next week.

1 Like

Still wine left in the warehouse.

One of you just asked when these were bottled. Spring of 2014, about a year and a half in tank. And bear in mind that I married a chef, so everything I make is made for the table.

When to drink? Whenever you like, but maybe let them settle in from shipping for a week or so.

1 Like