Private message question - outbox?

I have sent a couple private messages following up on a CC transaction and the messages have been sitting in my outbox. They do not show up in sent box. Can anyone explain why this is the case and how to get them to the recipient?
Thank you so much Jordan

Just means the recipient hasnā€™t read it yet. Maybe try email instead.

Pretty sure that means they have been delivered to the recipient but not yet read by the recipient. And when the recipient reads them they get moved into your sent folder. But I could be wrong

Been a bug in the system since the beginning of time. newhere
https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132497#p132497

I see it as a feature. Itā€™s like a read-receipt.

A search function reveals many threads on the subject, as well as the Rules/FAQ link atop EVERY PAGE which also addresses it :slight_smile:

Thanks again for yet another condescending post.

I strive for the positivity and helpfulness you are well known for, but alas, I often fail.

1 Like

Any reason why thereā€™s effectively two FAQ links?

Sometimes I know the info is in one of them, but never which one

One is the ā€˜built inā€™ link for the software, has info on basic ā€˜how toā€™, but the Rules/FAQ is set up by me, with WB-specific info. Happy to change the title to something more inviting, to encourage more use! Any ideas?

Todd, you are such an arrogant d*ck, how dare you condescend to the unwashed masses like that!?!

It looks to be a core feature in phpBB (WB forum software).
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2458131
I think itā€™s actually a decent way of doing things but it was confusing until reading how it works.
The ā€œread receiptā€ aspect is a good feature when selling wine on the forum.

Having had a look at the page more carefully, Rules/About, Rules/More info or Rules/Privacy policy seem to better fit the content in that page.

If it is possible to add information to the software generated FAQ, then perhaps adding in the private essages/outbox question would help as well.

Thanks everyone. I must not have noticed that until now. Also, I will make every effort in the world to search first butI cannot make any promises. I might just have to piss Todd off again in the future.

Please do! Some make a career out of it, and it keeps me on my toes!

Like Fred Flintstone bowling!!!