NEW WINE RELEASE - JEAN EDWARDS CELLARS

Attention Forum Members:

Our new Fall Release Wines are now available on our website and include the following:

2020 Red Collar Rose’ (Rutherford):
Produced from cabernet sauvignon from the Rutherford AVA (G3 and Dalla Gasperina Vineyard). Refreshing and vibrant with pomegranate, strawberry, and melon. The wine finishes clean and crisp on the long finish.

2020 Dalla Gasperina Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Rutherford):
Light gold in the glass with soft citrus notes, mango, papaya and pineapple - followed by hints of minerality. Aged in neutral French Oak - our style is more French-influenced. Not yet rated; prior vintages WA 90-92 pts.

2019 Gold Coast Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast):
From a cool climate vineyard located on the San Pablo Bay in the southern most tip of the Sonoma Coast AVA. The wine is medium gold in the glass and the palate is rich with tiers of apple, honeydew and pears with a lush mid-mouth followed by toasty oak and a long finish. Not yet rated.

2018 Merlot - Oak Knoll:
From Orchard Avenue Vineyard the wine has an expressive nose with baked plums, black cherry, hints of spice cake herbs and dried roses. The palate is equally complex offering up an array of dark red berry fruit with soft dusty tannins. JD 91 pts.

2018 Yates Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Mt. Veeder)
This wine screams Mt. Veeder Cab. - aromas of blueberries and blackberries with hints of floral notes, spice and earth. The mouth expresses blue and black fruit, a full body, firm tannins and a fine thread of acidity. More old world style than our other cabs. JS 93 pts/WA 90 pts/JD 91+ pts.

2018 Stagecoach Vineyard® Cabernet Sauvignon
From the Pritchard Hill Region of the vineyard. Dark black cherry, currant, hints of Asian spice and a thread of chocolate in the nose. Black cherry, black raspberry and boysenberry in the mouth - there is a ton of fruit but not overdone. JS 93 pts/JD 90 pts.

2018 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
From that famous vineyard that will not be mentioned… plum, cherry and hints of chocolate on the nose and palate. Medium-bodied and a complex, layered wine with chewy, creamy tannins and a long flavorful finish. JS 92 pts / JD 93 pts.

2017 Malbec - Melrose Vineyard (Rutherford)
Deep garnet with purple undertones in the glass. The wines comes bounding out of the glass with scents of forest, blueberry pie and preserved plums with wafts of cinnamon, potpourri and underbrush. The wine has a firm, grainy and textured backbone with nice bright fruit and a spicy long finish. WA 91 pts.
2018 Philary Vineyard Syrah (Atlas Peak)
The wine has a classic syrah profile - earth, spice, meatiness with refined but ample tannins. A classic, cool climate-like Syrah. JD 92 pts.

Thanks for browsing. Any questions - DM me or email me at wine@jeanedwardscellars.com

To learn more about the wines: https://www.jeanedwardscellars.com/wines.html
To shop:http://order.jeanedwardscellars.com/jean-edwards-cellars---all-available-items-c2.aspx

Cheers!

Karen

flirtysmile

[cheers.gif]

The Gasperina has been one of our favorite white wines over the years.

[thankyou.gif] Appreciate the mention and your support!

Always look forward to this release. The Sauvignon Blanc is one of the best around. The Cabs are classic, truly ageworthy & a great QPR for me. I pull them out on many special occasions and they always deliver.

Thanks Dan. When we started producing sauv blanc we never thought it would gain a following like it has, since we are known for reds. Glad you enjoy it!

Thanks Tony flirtysmile

Looking forward to my delivery this week!

Hope you enjoy them Jonathan! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

We have a couple weeks to go for our shipment. Karen I’ve been hesitant to open a Syrah yet thinking they might be a little young. Have you cracked one lately? I was thinking maybe this weekend.

2018 Philary Vineyard Syrah (Atlas Peak)? We have had a few, just to check on progress. It has this old world quality to it and classic cold climate-like syrah with black and blue fruits, bacon fat, smoked game, and bouquet garni. What are you planning to have it with?

1 Like

Great question?? How bout a firepit and smores :slight_smile:

[winner.gif]