LTB/LTT: 70s Heitz MV MAGNUMS

I am looking to create a vertical and need 70, 72, 75, 78 and 79 in MAGNUM. If you have a magnum of 74, I’m also open to the idea of acquiring another champagne.gif … will probably allow me to actually open the one I own at some point without an anxiety attack.

I’m unable to find information as to whether mags of the ‘71 MZ-1 were produced … but if they were, I’d be very interested in acquiring that as well.

NO Martha’s Vineyard in 1971.

Joe Heitz proclaimed that the quality of the grapes was horrible!!!

Joe was a character, to say the least!!!

what’s your bid on a 75? super curious.

let me know if a 1981 is of interest…

Correct that’s why I asked about the ‘71 MZ-1. Per John Gilman: “The Lot MZ-1 was bottled in 1975, making it most likely a blend of either 1972 or 1973 cabernet sauvignon, along with the casks of Martha’s Vineyard from the 1971 vintage, as there was no Martha’s bottled on its own from this year.”

It’s an interesting bottling, and I have no idea if magnums were made. I’ve not seen any tasting notes that say “from magnum” or similar.

Have you contacted Stefan Blicker, a member here? I recall he sold Barney Rhodes’ cellar 10 or 15 years ago and I would guess that was the largest collection of Heitz bottlings outside of the winery. I don’t remember if there was any MZ-1, mags or otherwise, available when Stefan offered the cellar, but it wouldn’t hurt to check with him.

Bump