Offer 2019 Arnoux-Lachaux, SOLD OUT, Sorry

I wanted to thank all of the Berserker members who expressed interest in this offer.
I apologize that we are unable to fill the vast majority of requests.

We are doing our best now to fill a few requests with partial bottles.
We only offered a small portion of the bottles to see what we were in for…
We have still quite a bit in inventory and will figure out what to do going forward.
Our focus with the reduced allocation must be on clients who support our work beyond Arnoux.

We are donating a few of the Pinot Fin to the W.B auction berserker day.

I just read William Kelley’s reviews on the 2020 and he sees the wines going to the next level up in quality.
I would not know as I’ve not visited Burgundy since COVID was a fact of life
& I’ve not tasted the 2019 or the 2020 vintages - as of today.

We really appreciate everyone’s support and interest as well the gentleness in handling the disappointing news
that we cannot fill the majority of requests.

K

Thanks William. I wrote to Erika. I would love to purchase some Arnoux-Lachaux.
Alex

Now that it is sold, I can mention I just received an offer for their RSV (I think 2019) for around $3500. Looks like another Burgundy producer cashing in.

Can you share the offer Mark?

I would really appreciate if you could share that offer, it would like to see the market place.
Thanks

i’ve emailed erika a few times. nothing in return.

Same here

1 Like

I have your email address - I will email you the offer,
and look into this as you’ve sold us wines in the past so I wonder why you are not receiving the offers…
I’ll fix that.

I have also emailed Erika a couple of times with no response. She’s been great to deal with in the past, so maybe she’s just overrun right now.

+1

1 Like

this gentlemen when I requested specifics realized the offer was what we sent out

And This Gentleman was quite pleasant to deal with and he did receive some bottles

This gentlemen has sold us the finest wines or at least offered to us regularly so posting here is odd when we have regular communication with him.

I see an email cc to me of an invoice sent to you for Arnoux, so you obviously are in touch with the staff.

Thank you for your interest, we do appreciate that, please refer to the emails I found in my system that date back several years.
Basically the current demand exceeds our supply and we have chosen to make the demarcation line of who has supported
our business beyond A L.
I’m sorry but we are unable to come close to fill requests

early nomination for thread of the year.

Hi William,

I did successfully connect with Erika last year and purchased Arnoux last year. This year I emailed twice: once for Margaux and once for Arnoux. I never received a response from that Margaux email and I finally received one saying I was not allocated Arnoux as preference was given to those who have supported in the past (I assume more than I have). I am happy to know my request was received. I tried emailing you on this board privately to address and didn’t receive a response either.

re C Morey: “Caroline Morey is the eldest daughter of the famed Jean-Marc Morey. In 2014, after her father’s retirement, she took a portion of the family’s vineyards to start her own domaine. Today she shares a winery in Chassagne-Montrachet with her husband, Pierre-Yves Colin, where they are making elite red and white Burgundy that stand at the apex of what is possible in the legendary region. The Morey family has been in Chassagne since the mid 16th century, and it was Albert Morey who first started domaine bottling in 1950. His prized heirloom vineyards throughout Chassagne and Santenay passed down to his son Jean-Marc and now to Caroline. She shares a similar winemaking approach with her husband, using indigenous yeasts, fermenting and aging the wines in 350L barrels, and forgoing battonage for her whites. In just a few vintages, Caroline has taken the world by storm with wines of precision, purity, mineral intensity and an extraordinary clarity of terroir.”
Importer Notes, Skurnik Wines

1 Like