Early Access: 99pt NDA Vineyard. Under $30.

Nestled on a secluded mountaintop in St. Helena, the estate that furnished the grapes for the 2020 Star Treatment has received ecstatic 99-point reviews from Antonio Galloni, Robert Parker, and Jeb Dunnuck. Their magisterial Cabernet Sauvignons and Cabernet Francs, crafted by a Screaming Eagle alum, are instant sell-outs despite their three-digit price tags. We got a cut from the same vineyard, at an UNBELIEVABLE bargain.

$29/bottle, down to $25 on case-buys. PLUS Wine Berserkers members get an additional 10% off when you use this link to purchase.

(For those who haven’t yet seen the exclusive Wine Access offer, with discounts and GCC memberships (for those who aren’t already GCC) click HERE - you can use this in the deal as well!)

This sounds great. I tried to add it to my existing order and I don’t see it in my options to add to the shipment. Otherwise excited to pick this one up!

After all I have read about smoke taint in 2020 Napa Cabs, I am very hesitant to give this a try…many (dozens?) of very famous Napa wineries have decided not to sell their 2020 vintage due to smoke taint. Can you confirm that this juice is not from one of the wineries that decided not to bottle their branded wine?

Should be enough clues to decipher … only so many Screagle alums, and how many estates can have a best score of 99 exactly from 3 different critics?

We always lab test our NDA wines for smoke taint multiple times (when we secure the wine and after bottling), and wouldn’t proceed with offering it if we detected any. However, if you ever receive a bottle that you don’t like, whether it’s because you feel it has smoke taint or other reason, we’ll gladly credit you for that bottle.

I would guess Dalla Valle. I’m sure the Maya has received 99 points from all 3 and Andy Erickson makes their wine, I think. And they have cab and cab franc. Not in St. Helena tho.

DV has some 100 pointers too, though. I take this to mean top score of exactly 99.

Heidi Barrett, Maayan Kochitzky and Andy Erickson are all very prolific “consulting winemakers” — especially the latter two — and all “Screaming Eagle alums.” There’s gotta be 2 or 3 dozen labels that fit that criteria. Narrowing it down to St Helena AVA and top scores of 99 should be doable? Wine Access also has a special relationship with Maayan Kochitzky since he’s the co-maker of their “Pas de Cheval” label… so he’d be my top candidate.

Or it could be somebody that interned at Screaming Eagle for a harvest 20 years ago and it’s a complete name drop.

I’m wondering who else has guesses on this. I took a flyer n a few of these and will be interested to see how they pan out…

IDK - just checked Vinous and the Maya has only had 1 99 point score in the last 10 years. All others below…hmm…

Galloni gave the MDV Cab a 100 in both 18 and 16, so that is not the “Maya” wine, but it is the estate

As far as Maya only (guessing MDV got some hundos too):

RP 100: 2019, 2018, 2016, 2013, 2002, 1992 (also several 99s)

JD 100: 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2013 (no 99s)

The $25 case buy dead?