Valtellina DOCG Collection $239 Delivered

hey folks - I normally don’t post my offerings here but I thought this one was unique enough to warrant.

I just launched a unique collection case of four wines from the Bettini Family exploring the best DOCG’s of Valtellina, the Alpine version of Barolo.

here is the copy but you may just want to click through and read the website version (link at bottom) as its likely more relevant:

On offer today is truly unique offering from one of the wine world’s smallest and most interesting appellations: Valtellina. Just the name itself is inspiring, evoking halls of ancient grandeur and ethereal kingdoms in the sky.

Located just north of Milan in the Lombardian Alps, the vineyards of Valtellini have been painstakingly carved into the steep hillside over thousands of years. While the general rule in ecommerce is not to let your audience stray from your pages, I strongly encourage you to explore the Valtellina Consorzio website to grasp the incomprehensible effort that went into developing this region.

The results are incredible and, indeed, unique.

The main grape is known locally as Chiavennasca but it’s the same varietal as Barolo’s legendary Nebbiolo; in fact, there is ample evidence to suggest that Barolo’s Nebbiolo is descended from the noble Chiavennasca.

Like Pinot Noir, Nebbiolo is renowned for its incredible ability express terroir. It goes without saying the wines of Valtellina are wines of terroir in every sense of the word.

On offer today is a mixed collection case DOCG-level quality wines from the Bettini Family that explores the four main terroirs of Valtellina through the lens of Chiavennasca/Nebbiolo: Sasella, Grumello, Inferno, and Valgella. These are nervy, expressive wines with magnificent bouquets and energetic palates - they will age beautifully and ethereally.

The mixed-case Collection is priced at just $239 DELIVERED - an incredible price for wines of this pristine quality and provenance (directly from Bettini’s cellar).

While you might find a random bottle or two (up until a few years ago, Chambers Street wines in NYC was selling the older bottlings from the 60’s), these wines are not available anywhere in the USA but here at de Negoce. Normally you would be looking at well over $400-$500 for this collection.

I launched the offering today because I know you would rather be reading about a mysterious wine region than working :slight_smile:, so I highly encourage you to click below and read the story of how I discovered this region (for myself, that is), the Bettini Family, and how I fell in love with their wines.

This is an incredibly unique collection of wines everyone should have in their cellar offered at an incredible price. You won’t find this anywhere else!

You can find the Collection here: https://www.denegoce.com/products/bettini-2019-nebbiolo-mixed-case

2 Likes

In. Love valtellina. Don’t know the producer. Cool that’s it’s the 4 villages from the same vintage.

1 Like

I’ll bite, but you can store the wines and ship in September when it gets cooler?

Click through to the deal. IIRC it’s a pre-order, with the wines not arriving until fall.

Thanks Kevin.

Just ordered. Love the story. Love the price. Never heard of Bettini, but I’m a fan of Arpepe and interested to see how these compare.

This sounds terrific. Curious if anyone else has tried the wines?