Retailers/Winemakers - 'WineBerserkers Exclusives

In an effort to further enhance the experience for our winemakers and retailers on this forum, we’ve decided to allow retailers/winemakers to post special offers on Commerce Corner, but with the following caveats:

1. For WineBerserkers Only. The deal/offer must NOT be available to the general public or any other group, and no better deal or offer can be available. We want these special offers to bring people here, to keep them here, and to prove advantageous to both seller and buyer because of the exclusivity.

2. All ‘offers’ must be pre-approved. I will require a PM sent to me for pre-approval of all retailer/winemaker offers. This way, we don’t have a free-for-all, and some research can be done, with perhaps some confirmation that this offer is WB-exclusive.

3. Only registered WineBerserkers can purchase. One way we will keep random lurkers from taking advantage of these WB-exclusives is to require that only registered members be able to purchase. So, for any WB-Exclusive Commerce Corner offers, the transaction must start with a PM from the registered member to the retailer/winemaker making the offer. I’d ask that the seller take a look to be sure the registered member is not a member who registered 10 minutes before writing the PM, with no post count, but rather a part of this forum community in some way. Once the initial contact via PM is made, it can go offline into phone or email as needed.

Once you have approval via PM, please post your WB-Exclusive offer as a separate thread in Commerce Corner

So, these will be in a forum that only registered users can see, yes?

Good question, but at this point, no. I think the special offers might be good to be visible to those who are lurking, but they have to register and participate first in order to get the offers, so perhaps it will work as a recruiting tool for the forum…I just ask that you retailers/winemakers do NOT sell to those who are not legitimately part of this forum community. This should prove to be a nice little perk for you, and far and away unheard of in terms of what other forums have done (as you know), so let’s not take advantage of it. If you doubt someone’s intentions in terms of their willingness to be part of the forum yet want to take advantage of some special offer, feel free to contact me for my opinion, or that of a Maoderator.

Ok, here is our first offer for the truly Berserk:

Poggio Bonelli Chianti Classico 2004 Castelnuovo Beradenga, Toscana $12.99
Real Chianti from the last exit on the Dirt Road: Truly Classic Chianti that isn’t trying to be Cabernet or Zinfandel, this has been a big hit already with many WINE EXPO-isti. Meaty, earthy, “tuscan dust” notes on top of a solid core of dried cherry Sangiovese fruit make it benchmark Chianti Classico. Honor it with a nice roast bird or maybe a Steak Florentine, it will pay you back with compound interest.

Ten cases only available to Berserkers for just $10.99. The lowest price I can find on Snooth is $17.99 so it seems like a hell of a deal even at our normal price.

and

Martilde Oltrepò Pavese Barbera Tina 2005, Lombardia $17.99 ORGANIC
Why we love Martilde so much: This is their BASIC Barbera, made from organically cultivated grapes fermented in steel (no oak!) then bottled without filtration, emerging with deeeep fruit & spice flavors and big structure. This wine is named after and the watercolor label depicts the cantina’s cat Tina making it a no brainer gift for cat lovers. While Tina LOOKS all passive and lovey-dovey on the label, she positively kicks butt on many Piemontese bottlings at $$$.

Ten cases only available to Berserkers for just $15.99. The lowest price you will find on it otherwise is $17.99.

Sales tax (if applicable) and shipping not included.

Cheers and thanks, Roberto

Question: will google searches on these wines bring up these threads? If so, can you stop that so it’s “members only”?

http://www.wineberserkers.com/viewtopic.php?p=56657#p56657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(scroll up…)

In agreement with Roberto here…I think it needs to be private. One of the benefits of being a regular. Concept sounds good, not sure it will work or not, but only time will tell. Registering just to be a member just for a deal will happen. Are you going to put a limit on # of posts before somebody can buy?

I’m trusting our winemakers/retailers not to abuse the system, and to be aware of those who appear to be registering just for the deal. I want to keep it as a potential recruiting tool for forum membership to showcase one of the many benefits of being here - not just a wide berth of freedom of speech, politics, NSFW forums, but also that retailers are not only welcomed here, but encouraged to post. I don’t want this to be a secret.

I fully agree on the recruiting aspect but what about putting “Special Berserker Member Only offers from Wineries and Retailers are an exclusive part of the Berserker Forum experience” on the front page and keeping the actual offers out of google searches?

While sounds good in theory…I think that this isnt going to work…Roberto (for example) isn’t going to run to the computer every time he gets a call about one of these deals to check to see how many posts somebody has or how long they have been registered.

That’s not a problem. I am fully down with the concept and don’t see ensuring its intent to be a hassle.

Guys, because of the discussion on the thread, I had to turn this into a ‘general thread’ - I will post another announcement, and lock it, so we don’t have any confusion for those who are seeing it as a source of information.

Wow! That is a great price. That’s under 10 cents per bottle, no?

[berserker.gif]

Yes, but you want FULL bottles, right?

That is so not legal for most retailers. And posting an offer like that exposes you. Any lurker could call on you to redeem the offer without being a member, and if you denied them it could be a problem.

I only registered here waiting for this day to happen! Thanks Todd!

At that price, probably just the glass is worth it. Are the labels pretty too?

Yes, actually…

No sh!t, that is a particularly nice label.

Flowers are pretty :wink: