NEWBIE INTRO: Red Thread Wines - Howell Mountain

Greetings and Happy Berserker Day! IX

A Quick run down on the meaning of Red Thread: “According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese and Korean culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger.”

What it means to Brian and I is the connection to everything…Food, Wine, friends!
Brian Brakesman, my husband and winemaker, family bought a vineyard and winery on Howell Mountain in 1971. We have access to the best fruit on the mountain and create wines that are authentic and true to the terroir. With Brian growing up in the vineyards and in the winery his entire life, he understands the nuances about different growing seasons and the beauty of accepting mother nature. We created a Howell Mountain Blend because it really gave us the tools to put our best foot forward and take a little from every lot.

We look forward to breaking bread with you and enjoying a bottle of wine!

Cheers!
Gretchen and Brian Brakesman

Last Newbie!! I just had to add Gretchen because it’s more non-Pinot (as per the request of my people) and it’s mountain fruit!!!

I’m guessing you do CS, Gretchen. Do you play with any other varieties up there?

Good morning!
Happy Friday.
Here is a video of the property and my husband. Vinformant.com Presents: Summit Lake Vineyards on Vimeo
The family winery, Summit Lake Vineyards, which my husband makes and manages the winery, we do make a 100% CS. We also make a Zin, Petite Sirah, Zin port and a Rose.
We made a blend for our brand because it gave us more tools to works with. We love what we create each year!

That was a lovely introduction and I look forward to tomorrow!

[cheers.gif]

Thank You!