BETWIXT WINES Offer includes FREE SHIPPING

Greetings, Berserkers!

We are happy to be back for our 4th Berserkerday! Thank you for your interest. For those of you who are not familiar with us, we are an urban winery in San Francisco who embarked on our dream of making site-driven wines in 2012. Current production is just under 500 cases.
We keep our winemaking simple. The aim is to let the vineyards do the talking. We employ native ferments, and the wines are always unfined & unfiltered.

Prices include FREE SHIPPING to all states. We also have a library release in the auction so check that out too.

1. Intro 4–pack $85

1 x 2018 Rosé – Abba Vineyard, Mokelumne River, Lodi
1 x 2017 Chardonnay – R bar R Ranch Vineyard, Santa Cruz Mountains
1 x 2017 Pinot Noir – Lester Family Vineyard, Santa Cruz Mountains
1 x 2016 Grenache - Boer Vineyard, Chalone

Normal price would be $130 – a sweet deal to get acquainted with a range of our wines. A 35% savings.

2. Grenache Lover 3-pack $50

1 x 2018 Rosé – Abba Vineyard, Mokelumne River, Lodi
1 x 2017 Grenache – Abba Vineyard, Mokelumne River, Lodi
1 x 2016 Grenache – Boer Vineyard, Chalone

We love Grenache! This is a great introduction to our Grenache offerings – lighter bodied, but deservedly ripe and complex as the varietal should be. Regular price of $75

3. Pinot Noir 3-pack $90

3 x 2017 Lester Family Vineyard Pinot Noir, Santa Cruz Mountains

Acid-forward pinot as one would expect from the cool climate of the SCM. Normal price would be $135.

4. SCM 4-pack $100

2 x 2017 R bar R Ranch Vineyard Chardonnay, Santa Cruz Mountains
2 x 2017 Lester Family Vineyard Pinot Noir, Santa Cruz Mountains

Normal price would be $160 – a 38% savings!

CLICK HERE TO BUY

Sales tax charged for California residents. Shipping to commence March, weather permitting.

Any issues or questions please call me at 415 254 2492 or email tim@betwixtwine.com

A bit about the wines:

2017 R bar R Ranch Chardonnay
A totally exposed super cold site on the Pacific side of the mountains. Acid for days, no new oak, just 2nd and 3rd use barrels with no bâttonage and not racked until bottling. 100 cases made

2018 Abba Vineyard Rosé
100% Grenache picked early and whole cluster pressed. The fruit goes into the press and is left to sit on the skins for an hour while its own weight slowly crushes the grapes releasing color and flavor. Plenty of acid, this bone dry Rosé is zippy and refreshing. Unfiltered. 175 cases made

2017 Lester Family Vineyard Pinot Noir
Corralitos, one of the best vineyards in the Santa Cruz Mountains. A blend of 115, Pommard and 2A clones. 100 cases made

2016 Boer Vineyard Grenache
“Light rosewater, strawberry and cherry-juice aromas meet with rounded star anise and baking spice on the nose of this single-vineyard expression. There is great chalky tension to the palate and a ripping acidity, framing flavors of red fruit, orange rind and, on the finish, vanilla paste.”
93 pts Wine Enthusiast

From the Chalone appellation in Eastern Monterey County. 20% whole cluster. Decomposed granite and limestone soils combined with the arid climate produce wines of intensity with characteristic minerality and structure. Aged in neutral French Oak barrels. 75 cases made

Order is in! Nice offers!

Thanks Brian! And to answer your question, I do ship with Fedex

in for two Grenache lovers!

Thanks Sheila, great to see you back!

Going to try the Intro pack to get acquainted with your wines. If Sheila is fan, that’s all I needed to see.

I’m in for the intro pack.

Thanks Rich and Hank. Its really appreciated!

I love being an enabler! [stirthepothal.gif] New to me last year, I really enjoy their wines!

Being an enabler is what Berserkers is all about :+1:

The 2017’s are due to be bottled in February so there are no reviews on them yet. However, the one and only Mike Grammer was in town for a tasting in July last year. This is his writeup of the visit and his notes from the barrel tasting we did.

TNs--Mike on Tour, Cali 18, July 14--Tasting with Ed and Tim in SF, plus Dugat, Alban, others - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

"2017 Betwixt Chard in 2nd use Francois Freres barrel

He got the Santa Cruz fruit back for this vintage. Minerality galore, with lemon seed, some oak in evidence. Shaped very nicely already—lemon, lime, a lot of citrus and a touch of pineapple, with a lot of underlying minerality.

2017 Betwixt Chard in once-used Ermitage barrel

Almost more masculine here in character. More acidity out of this, more lemon meringue

2017 Betwixt Lester PN in 3rd-use Atelier barrel

The first of what will be a number of producers up here who are using Atelier for their PN as well as seeing it used for Chard. 25% 2A clone, 25% Pommard, 50% 115. Swirling gets some potpourri. This is licklicous! Raspberry and some sweetmeats.

2017 Betwixt Lester PN in twice-used Atelier barrel

A bit more “structure” on this nose. Adds a bit of baking spices. The red fruit is still the ascendant piece.

2017 Betwixt Lester PN in new Atelier barrel

The others were press fruit, this is free run. All destemmed. A light green-ness somehow, but it’s in its right place. Tasty and tangy, with added minerality and citrus.

We blend on the spot, and the fruit is sweet and attractive. The wood is present but will integrate. Good acidity carries the fruit through.

2017 Betwixt Boer Grenache in neutral Francois Freres barrel

About 25 Brix for pick. Free run juice. Flowers, roses and red berry bouquet. It is plenty sweet with plum and strawberry.

2017 Betwixt Boer Grenache in neutral Ermitage barrel

Nutmeg, cinnamon and spices. Same basic components as the last in the mouth, but I find a bit more depth. This barrel was press wine, which Tim explains adds structure.

2017 Betwixt Abba Grenache in neutral Ermitage barrel

Alban clone here. Already aromatically more floral and backed off. Herbs on the tongue, some kirsch.

2017 Betwixt Abba Grenache in 4th use Cadet barrel

Pops the raspberry out, a little herbs, a positive bouquet. Some meats here, still core of sweet plum and herbs."

Ordered the Grenache Lover pack last night. The 2nd purchase of my first ever BerserkerDay. Thanks for the great offers. I’m really looking forward to experiencing your wines.

No problem David, thanks for the order.

I’m taking the offers down tonight but if there are any stragglers who want to join the party let me know and I’ll hook you up.

Can’t wait for these wines to come in.