Johan Vineyards--BD Wines from the Van Duzer Corridor!

JOHAN VINEYARDS BERSERKER DAY X_Happy New Year, Berserkers! Thanks so much for the support over the years, we are thrilled to be able to participate in the tenth anniversary of Berserker Day! We have gathered a nice variety offerings for the big one, there’s something for everyone. Nerdier things like ten-year old Pinot bottlings and nine-year old Traditional Method to more approachable crash-course packs for those looking to study the newly recognized Van Duzer Corridor AVA!_Things of note:
-To order, go to http://johanvineyards.com/beserker-x/
-We are offering $30 flat-rate shipping on all orders below 12-bottles.
-Free shipping and an additional 10% off on case orders! All four of our packs total to 12-bottles, however any wines on our shop are available to fill a box.
-We love chatting with you all! Do not hesitate to contact us at 503-623-8642 or by e-mail to jack@johanvineyards.com.
champagne.gif [thankyou.gif] champagne.gif *** * * * * * * * * * Deal 1* * * * * * * * * ***“Ten-Year Anniversary Pack”In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Beserker Day, we are offering a Library release 2-pack of our 2009 reserve Pinot Noirs. We highly recommend tasting the two together as an opportunity to see how well-structured and distinct Pinot Noir from the Van Duzer Corridor AVA can be, even in warmer, more challenging vintages.

• 2009 Pinot Noir “Nils” $50
  • 2009 Pinot Noir “Three Barrel” $65

BerserkerDay X price: $103.50/2-pack
*** * * * * * * * * * Deal 2* * * * * * * * * ***“Pinot Noir Pack”This offering includes one bottle of our three annual Pinot Noir bottlings. Collectively, the wines show the diverse range of expressions we see of Pinot Noir on our site. The two 2014 wines included are our barrel selections; “Nils” is focused on structure and weight and “Three Barrel” highlights restraint and exotic aromatics. The 2015 Pinot Noir “Estate” is a selection of lots including some of all ten clones we grow, showcasing the growing season and farm as a whole.

• 2015 Pinot Noir “Estate” $28
  • 2014 Pinot Noir “Nils” $36
  • 2014 Pinot Noir “Three Barrel” $49

BerserkerDay X price: $101.70/3-pack
*** * * * * * * * * * Deal 3* * * * * * * * * ***“Esoteric Wines”The third offering we have is a 4-pack of some of our more forward-thinking wines for our area. We find ourselves constantly looking towards new potential varieties and winemaking techniques in order to gain a more defined and honest understanding of the terroir of our farm. Each of these wines provides insight into what characteristics are constant and terroir-derived, challenging expectations of Willamette Valley wine, while maintaining a classic familiarity.

• 2017 Melon de Bourgogne $24
  • 2016 Gruner Veltliner $24
  • 2015 Pinot Gris “Drueskall” $28
  • 2015 Blaufrankisch $28

BerserkerDay X price: $93.60/4-pack
*** * * * * * * * * * Deal 4* * * * * * * * * ***“2010 Traditional Method Sparkling Pack”Not quite 10 years old, but 9 is cool, too! Our 2010 Traditional Method Sparkling wine base was made with 60% Chardonnay and 40% Pinot Noir. Bottled en tirage late 2011, the wine was aged over seven years before disgorgement in the spring of 2018. The wine is quite evolved and could not better showcase the minerality and salinity consistent in our white wines.

• 3x 2010 Traditional Method $50/btl

BerserkerDay X price: $135.00/3-pack [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] ALL-IN! All of the packs for $385.60, w/ free ground shipping! (reg. $482) [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]
Animated GIF-downsized_large.gif

Any thoughts on how the traditional compares with your PetNat? Thanks!

Hi Siun! Thanks for your interest, as I know you’ve purchased our Pét-Nat in the past. Unfortunately we’re sold out of that wine this year and were unable to offer it on BDX. The Pét-Nat of Pinot Noir is a Rosé, picked at nearly full ripeness levels and bottled just prior to the end of fermentation. It’s fresh and juicy, and has the typical Rosé of PN aromatics – strawberry, rose petals, etc. The Traditional Method is made in the traditional champagne style, so it is a white sparkling wine (60%CH,40%PN), but being a 2010 is has some beautiful aged qualities to it – lots of honeysuckle and briny salinity. Another note, where the Pét-Nat has a small amount of sediment in the bottle, this has been fully removed in the Traditional Method. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the order Bruce! [cheers.gif]

Bargain sparkling, yummy! Thank you!

Thanks Dan … oops - looks like my state is not included. I’ll hope that changes in the future! I still have one PetNat to nurse!

For anyone who doesn’t know these wines, that Blaufrankisch is outstanding. I’ve had it with some Hungarian winemaking friends and they’re utterly impressed by it. It’s medium bodied in weight, with earthy, savory notes and great balance. One of the best domestic versions I’ve had and on par with some of the “classic” versions from Austria and Hungary. Oh. If only they had a four pack of that . . .

These are outstanding wines. Johan used to come through Anderson Valley here and there, and we would trade bottles - I don’t remember if it was the Breggo or Lichen tasting room at that point. Oregon at it’s best - elegant, vibrant, transparent, delicious

Hey there Siun, which state would that be? We use another shipping center that may carry the license!
Get ready for three different Pet Nat bottlings this year, set to release Memorial Day: Pinot Noir, Gruner, and Melon de Bougogne!

Thanks you for the flattering remarks, Greg. We appreciate the love and support for Blaufrankisch!
Screenshot (3).png
FOUR PACKS OF 2015 BLAUFRANKISCH $90!

yes, love the BLAUFRANKISCH

No shipping to Illinois, Dan?

Dan - Wow.

Obviously I put in the order. Added a Melon and Gruner too - don’t think I’ve had either from OR.

But the site says you can’t ship to CA? Is that really true?

Hey there Greg. If you place your order and select pick-up at winery, I can shoot you an email to square away shipping! Vinoshipper will only process whole case orders to California due to third-party shipping laws, however we hold licensing and could send it your way direct from the winery!

Hey there, Steve. We personally hold direct shipping licensing to IL, due to some third-party shipping laws Vinoshipping seems to exclude our friends in Chicago!! If you process your order for “pick-up at winery” I would be happy to send you an email to sort out shipping and send your package direct from the winery.