WINDY OAKS ESTATE--great BD10 deal and free shipping!

Some of our best wines from PinotFile 2018 Winery of the Year! Offer includes 1 bottle of each of the following wines:
2015 Estate Pinot Noir, Proprietor’s Reserve, Santa Cruz Mountains*
• Densely concentrated and full bodied with gorgeous purity and wonderful length that expands with air revealing deep layers of black cherry, raspberry, plum and wild strawberry fruits
• As well, it has a subtle, but ever present energy and vigor, adding silky refined tannins, harmonious acidity, pretty floral tones, mineral notes and an array of exotic spices, minty herb and hints of pomegranate, Earl Grey tea and lingering sweet kirsch
• A wine of serious impact on the palate, it’s impressive, stately and looks to have amazing potential. The Reserve is the original estate pinot noir made by Jim Schultze, with most grapes from the oldest part of the 23-year old estate vineyard
• Aged 24 months, 55% new French oak, 267 cases

2016 Estate Pinot Noir, Wood Tank Fermented, Santa Cruz Mountains*
• Densely packed and with a rich opening of mocha, this Limited Release flows with opulent detail and lush texture
• It allows a smooth/satin fruit to shine through with chocolate covered cherries, sweet raspberry, plum and tangy currant fruits leading the way on the full palate
• There is an underlying brightness from the acidity that keeps things interesting as well as the smoky vanilla scented French oak
• With its luxurious mouth feel, it can be admired solo without food, though it impresses with more robust cuisine
• Aged 22 months, 55% new French oak, 134 cases

2016 Estate Pinot Noir, Cuvée, Santa Cruz Mountains*
• Lovely fruit concentration and vibrant energy that showcases the harmony of the vintage and the vineyards
• A medium full palate of luxurious red fruits, racy acidity and elegant French oak nuances.
• The 2016 vintage gives expressive layers of black cherry, raspberry, strawberry and tangy plum fruits that rush at you in the mouth with a hint of rose petals on the nose that fades nicely into a slight spicy and toasty note while lingering on the finish with an opulent creamy/satiny feel Aged 17 months, 35% new French oak, 363 cases

*Tasting Notes by John Haeger, author of __North American Pinot Noir

FREE SHIPPING TO EVERYONE.

BD10 price is $129 (actual full retail is $162). If you’re a Windy Oaks Wine Group member, simply email Judy, and she’ll charge your account on file, and ship. If you’ve ordered previously, we most likely still have your info, so check with Judy before duplicating your efforts! If not a member, or you have not previously ordered from Windy Oaks (or your info has changed), email Judy, judy@wowpinot.com with name, shipping address, phone number, and cc info (you may send in two emails if you prefer); or call Judy at 831.724.9562—if no answer, simply leave your name and number and Judy will get back to you—it’s a password-protected voicemail.

Jim - what percent of whole cluster are in each of these?

Steve, the Reserve and Wood Tank are about 40% whole cluster and the Cuvée is about 30%.

Thanks, Jim

In for a 3 pack. Looking forward to trying it (first time customer).

Emailing judy!

Folks, if you’ve not had Windy Oaks, you need to get on it, seriously. I think I’ve bought 2-3 cases over the years, and I save it for dinners with my Father in Law, as he loves them as well (and Jen doesn’t drink Pinot). They age beautifully. In my top 5 for Pinot producers, without a doubt.

An acquaintance with a trusted palate singled out Windy Oaks as a winery to look for when a discussion about BD came up recently. I am sending my email to Judy and excited to try the wines!

Just had the 2016 estate. Really enjoyed it; best with a little chill on it. See below:

Cranberry, sweetart, and Asian Spice. Feels young and like it will be better with a couple of years on it. Looks like wine club members pay $31 for this which IMO would be a value for this wine.