JB NEUFELD - Small Producer only WA Cabernet Sauvignon

We are JB Neufeld, a small winery with laser focus and serious passion. We focus solely on showcasing the best vineyards of Washington State through one varietal, Cabernet Sauvignon.

We wanted to do something BIG to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Berserker Day. Ten years is normally celebrated by gifting tin but we are celebrating with amazing wine and amazing deals! We are offering our JUST released 2015 Yakima Valley Cabernet Sauvignon AND our NOT YET released 2016 Two Blondes Vineyard Designate Cabernet Sauvignon! You Berserkers will be the first and will get a screaming deal!

Thank you so much for checking out our offer! If you have ANY questions about our wines please don’t hesitate to ask as we will be answering them on this thread throughout the day. States we cannot ship to are listed at the bottom. Everyone who purchases will have their name entered to win a bottle of our not yet released 2015 Old Goat Reserve Cabernet, those details are below. You may purchase these wines via the SHOP tab on our website www.jbneufeld.com, just pick which offer below you want. You can also email: justin@jbneufeld.com or call 509.895.9979
ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING & TAX WHERE APPLICABLE

OFFER 1
(3 Bottles)
2 bottles of 2015 Yakima Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and 1 bottle 2016 Two Blondes Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Other 364 days: $151.06 BD10: $110

OFFER 2
(6 Bottles)
3 bottles of 2015 Yakima Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and 3 bottles of 2016 Two Blondes Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Other 364 days:$275.14 BD10: $195

OFFER 3
(12 Bottles)
6 bottles of 2015 Yakima Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and 6 bottles of 2016 Two Blondes Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Other 364 days:$517.92 BD10: $355

OLD GOAT RAFFLE
Every order will be entered to win a bottle of our not yet released 2015 Old Goat Cabernet Sauvignon as follows:
Offer 1 – 1 chance to win
Offer 2 – 2 chances to win
Offer 3 – 4 chances to win

We CANNOT ship to: AL, AK, AR, DE, KY, MS, RI & UT

BEWARE THE POLAR VORTEX APPROACHES
Which just means we will ship your order once the weather is warm enough

Any tasting/winemaker notes for the 2015 Yakima and 2016 Two Blondes?

I love Washington cabs - super excited to order the three-pack!

Hey Patrick,
Attached are the tech notes for the 2015 Yakima. I"m a procrastinator and so I dont have them for the 2016 Two Blondes since it hasnt been ‘officially’ released. My quick notes on the wine are below

2015 Yakima - Cassis like fruits on the nose, fused with herbs and baking spices. Not jammy. Oak plays more a role on the palate than the nose. The palate has good balance and acidity, Its a great food wine. Medium + body

2016 Two Blondes - More in the plum fruit spectrum than cassis. It has a dried fig note to it. Still a young wine, but not as big as the 2015 Yakima. Its a little smoother with less weight but still balanced.
2015_Yakima Valley.pdf (2.97 MB)

Thanks Bryce! I would be interested in your feedback on them! Cheers!

I haven’t tasted the current vintage but past one’s were killer.

FYI - I personally recruited these guys last year to participate in BD because I knew Berserkers would love them and their juice. I’m sure they thought I was insane.

Buy without fear.

Based on the killer review - in for a 3 pack. thanks.

New name for me but I’m in for a 3-pack. That’s what BerserkerDay is all about…trying new producers.

Thank you so much Brig! We are really excited to participate and I think you will like this vintage even more! :slight_smile:

Thank you Kirby! We are excited for you to try!

Thanks Greg! We are excited for you to try the wines and get your feedback!

OK, Berserkers. Took one for the team and drank my only bottle. I was at dinner tonight with 3 other Berserkers & spouses and I brought the 2014 Old Goat.

It didn’t just hold its own with these heavyweights (14 Schrader RBS and 10 Dominus} but was the favorite for 3 people. Symbolically and stylistically it was in between these two Napa cult favorites.
20190126_184149~2.jpg

Thank you so much Brig! I really appreciate the comparison and am so flattered. Nobody has heard of us, so thank you!!

Funky ass label. I’m in, deciding on 1/2 or whole case.

Justin - I was at the dinner with Brig. One word on your wine #winning [thumbs-up.gif]

Brig was spot on saying that the Neufeld was in between the two. Can’t wait to try more of your wines!

For anyone considering this offer…buy!

[cheers.gif]

Order placed for a 3-pack, looking forward to trying something new.

Thank you for the kind words!

Thanks Glenn! You wont be dissappointed either way you go! [thankyou.gif]

I opened a 2014 Yakima Cab (from Berserker Day last year) for Thanksgiving dinner with sous-vide beef tenderloin. It was great and what you want from an American cab. I didn’t take notes-but thought it was a strong QPR. The oak hadn’t integrated but it had lush tannins and a long finish. The customer service and attention to detail was above and beyond. They were hand numbered labels and there was a handwritten note from the vintners. That attention to detail makes me believe there is similar attention to detail in the vineyards.

I am giving the other ones quite some time for the oak to integrate but there was plenty of dark fruit and acid, so not worried.

Really Enjoyed the Old Goat :goat:. Tasty Juice for sure.