Newbie! SILAS WINES BDX OFFERS - Eye-watering Prices on Elegant Willamette Valley Wine!

Hello from the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, Willamette Valley, OR! This is my first year participating in Berserker Day, so a big “Thank you!” to Todd et al. for letting me in, and creating the best online community of wine-ers anywhere.

Silas Wines has some eye-watering deals for you this weekend, (STARTING at 30% off retail and flat-rate shipping) but as I am new to most of you, here’s a little bit about Silas Wines:

[cue Edvard Grieg’s “Peer Gynt” Op. 23, “Morning Mood" -or- skip the Preamble and go right to the offers Shop Silas Wines

We have been crafting wine in Oregon since 2009, making last year our 10th vintage. We grow Pinot Noir (own-rooted, dry-farmed Wadenswil-clone) on our unique 35-year old, 1000 ft. elevation vineyard, tucked into some classic Oregon second-growth forest (hence the name Silas, from the Latin “Silvanus,” meaning “from the woods”). Today we still farm our little vineyard, and have added grapes from a number of other sites and growers that we have discovered, tested and worked into the Silas fold over the last decade.

We pride ourselves in creating elegant Oregon Pinots that showcase the complexity and variety of each year, from brooding, musky, jammy hot years to complex and graceful cooler vintages. All our grapes are picked by hand, fermented in small lots, aged in French oak (roughly 30% new), and blended with an (infuriating, at times) attention to balance and finesse. Additionally, every year we put together a unique Oregon Malbec blend called The Optimist, where we bring varietals together that don’t usually find their way into the same bottle, inspired by French regional winemaking (think Malbec-Viognier…)

We make our wine at the beautiful Keeler Estate Vineyard winery, situated on a biodynamic vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, right outside Amity. Our tasting room/wine bar/meat-curing studio, called The Bramble, is located in downtown Amity (right next to our friends Franny Beck Wines-check out their BDX Offers!)—we would love to have you come visit!

We have named our Pinots after three Portland neighborhoods (PDX, Ladd’s Addition, The Pearl) with unique character traits (PM me to talk more about my love of blending Pinot barrels). We age in bottle until the wine is ready to be released, which differs wine to wine. Our current release vintage is a mix of 2014s and 2015s.

I would love to ramble on about winemaking, Pinot Noir, elegance and the difference between “who” and “whom”, but for now…ONTO THE DEALS!

To order, simply click HERE

To make things easy, Flat Rate Shipping is only $15 on every order, no matter how large! This $15 will be added at checkout. Combine multiple orders into a case and you’ll still pay only $15. If I had an accountant, he’d be banging his head against his desk. (Note to self…I should probably get an accountant, and a soft topped-desk, soon). DON’T WORRY-If you don’t see your state listed for shipping, send me a PM or email me at alex@silaswines.com, and we will make it work.

I have SIX ridiculous offers for you, Berserkers:

HOT YEAR Oregon Pinot – 3 bottles

• 2012 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir
  • 2014 PDX Pinot Noir
  • 2014 The Pearl Pinot Noir
    Our Pinots show a mix of power and exceptional restraint during hot years, partly due to our higher elevation vineyards. Dark, jammy, and musky but with fresh purple and black fruit and spice.

Retail $119 + Average Shipping $24 = $143 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $100 (30% SAVINGS)

COOL YEAR Oregon Pinot – 3 bottles

• 2011 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir
  • 2013 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir
  • 2013 The Pearl Pinot Noir
    The cooler vintages in Oregon produce some of the classiest, feminine, most complex wines. Delicate yet structured, these wines are blossoming right now.

Retail $112 + Average Shipping $24 = $136 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $95 (30% SAVINGS)

ROSÉ & WHITE – 3 bottles

• 2014 Beckenridge Pinot Gris Extended Skin Contact Rosé
  • 2015 Havlin Pinot Noir Rosé
  • 2015 Enna Hay Pinot Blanc
    We take pride in creating a small batch of unique rosé every year, displaying structure and complexity like the reds, and meant to be aged. The Pinot Blanc is dry, aromatic, beeswax-y, and one of the best expressions of this grape (IMHO) around.

Retail $77+ Average Shipping $24 = $101 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $71 (30% SAVINGS)

The “Stop me if you’ve heard this one…” – 3 bottles

• 2014 The Optimist Gamay/Malbec
  • 2015 The Optimist Malbec/Viognier
    The artistic (and loved) black sheep of the Silas Family! Inspired by French winemaking regions or techniques, the Gamay/Malbec and Malbec/Viognier are one of a kind, and old-world focused. The 2014 Pearl is one of the most unique Pinots we’ve made: black fruit but with a nose like grandma’s spice cupboard.

Retail $127 + Average Shipping $24 = $151 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $106 (30% SAVINGS)

OMG I LOVE PINOT! FIVE YEAR VERTICAL! – 6 bottles

• 2011 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir
  • 2012 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir
  • 2013 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir
  • 2013 The Pearl Pinot Noir
  • 2015 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir
    It’s a vertical, people! Doubling up on the 2013s, as they are drinking really well now, and a SPECIAL 2015 Ladd’s Addition that has only been released to my Wine Club (interested in the Wine Club? Click WINE CLUB)

Retail $240 + Average Shipping $40 = $280 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $182 (35% SAVINGS)

DRINK LIKE A WINEMAKER, SPEND LIKE A SORORITY GIRL – 12 bottles
6 bottles - 2014 PDX Pinot Noir
6 bottles - 2013 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir
These are the two wines I am day-to-day drinking (and day drinking) the most at the moment, and they compliment each other (hot vs. cool years). I’d love to give Berserkers the opportunity to stock your cupboard with high-quality wine that you won’t feel guilty opening on a weeknight.

Retail $366 + Average Shipping $60 = $426 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $234 (45% SAVINGS WHAT?!?) Limited number of cases available, as this is distributor pricing!

All of these offers can be found at Shop Silas Wines under the tag Berserker. Please leave a note in the forum, or PM me–would love to talk about the wine!

No matter how many offers you purchase, shipping will only be $15 per case.

I will be available all weekend by PM, on this forum, or at alex@silaswines.com: feel free to ask me any questions! More information on Silas Wines is available at SilasWines.com

Ordered 2 x 6 packs … but your accountant must be happy - the website jumped into next day air shipping $127 instead of $15 … can you assist please?

Hi Karl-I’ll jump on my computer in 20 min as soon as I get off these barrels-will definitely take care of it!

Thanks for the order-looking forward to getting that wine to you!

Changed that shipping to the $15 BDX deal, not sure how it jumped to next day air-you should see a refund back to your card for the difference…and saved on some of that NY sales tax as well! [cheers.gif]

super. thx.

Wait, why’d you change the pic?

Alex and Tony are great guys! They’re also my neighbors at the tasting room- the best neighbors, in fact! Lots of cool variety in the wines they make, give them a look!

Ah you noticed! Thanks for the shout Michael- I thought since I was new, two guys sitting in a tank of full of whole cluster grapes in their skivvies might be a turn off, so I opted for a more PC version of me on the sorting line. Come back to Amity-we have Pinot and Pet-Nat to drink together!

If Berserkers are reading this and don’t want to take a flier on a Newbie to the site (shame!), go check out Franny Beck. I’m covered in Pinot to my ears many days, and I still drink his wine!

champagne.gif

Thanks dude, appreciate the compliment and likewise. Hope today is going awesome for you!