AUCTION: 2 Magnums (1.5L) of 2017 Paetra Riesling Elwetritsche Reserve

Donor: Bill Hooper @ Paetra
Value: $160
MinBidIncr: $10
Auction Closes: 8pm PT
Shipping: FREE

These are the last two magnum bottles of 2017 Paetra Riesling Elwetritsche Reserve on the planet. How do we know? Well, they’re coming straight out of Bill Hooper’s personal cellar. If you ask nicely, maybe he’ll sign them for you. Nothing like yanking out a magnum for the dinner crowd and a guest asks “what’s the writing on the bottle?” Oh that… just a little note from the winemaker.

Elwetritsche are mythical beasts that are said to inhabit the Haardt Mountains around the city of Neustadt an der Weinstraße where we used to live. This dry Riesling is an homage to the German Pfalz and the style of the region. It was hand-harvested, given 24 hours pre-press skin maceration and fermented without commercial yeast or chemical additions. It is a powerful, yet elegant style of riesling and I think it’s our best wine to date. It is very dry, but with juicy white peach, grapefruit, spice, white tea, and mirabelle plum and beautiful floral aromas.

13% alc - 4 g/l RS - 7,5 g/l TA - 88 Cases Produced

$40

Clarification? This is one item and we are bidding for both Magnums?

$75.

These are the super tall Riesling Baseball-Bat Mags. Yup, I’ll write whatever you want on them! I’ll even draw pictures!

Winner