AUCTION: 2 Bottles of 2012 Betwixt White Saralee's Vineyard (Rhone blend)

Donor: Tim Telli
Value: $70
MinBidIncr: $10
Auction Closes: 8pm PT
Shipping: Shipping Included

Tim is digging into the library selection for the auction. 2 bottles of the 2012 Betwixt White Wine, which is a 50/50 Marsanne/Roussanne blend from the Saralee’s Vineyard in Sonoma. It has long been sold out but now here’s your chance to get this terrific Rhone white with a little age on it for youself.

2012 Saralee’s Vineyard White Wine
This blend of Marsanne-Roussanne comes from a special spot in the heart of the Russian River Valley. Expect aromas of honeysuckle and nutmeg with lemon and pear on the palate. It has a medium to full-bodied mouthfeel which is nicely balanced by ample acidity.

Details

Russian River Valley Appellation
50% Marsanne, 50% Roussanne
Pick Date: 10/20/2012
Yeast: Native fermentation
pH: 3.75
Ageing: 15 months in neutral French oak
Unfined and unfiltered
Production: 48 cases
Price: $28 (SOLD OUT)
Whole cluster pressed and then settled for 48 hours before going to barrel. The juice was then barrel fermented and left undisturbed on its lees until bottling 15 months later.

92 pts Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate > [berserker.gif] >

“The 2012 Proprietary White Saralee’s Vineyard, an intriguing blend of 50% Marsanne and 50% Roussanne, is from a vineyard that has given me great joy over the years (Saralee’s Vineyard), has plenty of honeysuckle, rosewater and other floral notes in a medium to full-bodied, beautifully fruited style without much evidence of oak. The color is light gold, the wine full-bodied and no doubt a sleeper of the vintage. This vintage seems to magically produce great fruit and Betwixt has certainly exploited that with this 2012 blend. Drink it over the next 4-5 years “

white.gif

$20

$50

Winner

Got this on Monday, and if I didn’t have a sinus infection, one of these would already be gone.

Dave, Sorry to hear about the infection. At least it gives time for the sediment to settle out from shipping. If you can, stand it upright for a few days before drinking. I opened one last week and it is still drinking really well, having mellowed out a bit from its youthful Rhonely exuberance.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for the stand-up tip - can’t wait to try it