AUCTION: Retreat in Spain's Wine Country in your own Compound for up to 2 Weeks. Offer #2

Donor: Nola, the one and only!
Value: $1400
Minimum opening bid: $800
MinBidIncr: $10
Auction Closes: 8pm PT

This is OFFER #2 Oh boy… This was popular last year and it’s back! But now it’s back in force with TWO different auction items for a two week stay. Twice the chance to win. [cheers.gif] Heck, win both and stay for a month!!!

The Cortijo Fray Leopoldo, www.enjoyalpujarra.com a beautiful rustic retreat in Ugijar, Granada, Spain adjacent to my property Dominio Buenavista. Winner will have a gift of Veleta wines and olive oil at their guest house (seriously? that’s a $300+ value right there!) and will also have access to the use of my pool if they choose. If they choose to travel during our harvest time, they are welcome to participate in as much or little grape collecting and wine making along side my team as they want.

Nola will work with you on available dates that fit your schedule and desired activities.

Your comfort is our goal. When you’re planning your visit, consider us for your stay. We are an hour and a half from Granada airport and an hour from Almeria airport.

Our staff will ensure you a comfortable and pleasant stay. This is our home, and our mission is to make you too feel like home!

We have a very large area away from the apartments to practice combat laser in nature. To download a 100% adrenaline safely. Fun for the little ones and to enjoy older.

In full Alpujarra. Next to Sierra Nevada. A 30 minutes from the coast. Without noise. Fresh air. Local wine made by us. organic oranges. you come to visit our caves, ancient gold mines exploited by the French who were subsequently used as polvorines during the Spanish Civil War. Enjoy authentic alpujarreña food, do with affection for you enjoy it. Ask us teach you the best cultural excursions, organized routes by car, mountain bike or horseback. To enjoy our flora and our fauna. If you want to get on the trees we can, we have a rope park for you to enjoy. Cortijo nights are beautiful, clean sky allows you to enjoy the stars and planets, astronomical and if you have doubts,

If you come to visit us in winter remember that we have fireplaces with wood.

Details: The compound is composed of 4 different apartments, you have the choice of any of the following for your stay based on availability:

• 1 - 1 bedroom with additional accommodations in the living room, can sleep 1-4 people
  • 1 - 2 bedroom apartment with each bedroom with double beds, additional accommodations in the living room, can sleep 2-5+ people.
  • 1 - 2 bedroom apartment with 1 bedroom with double bed, 1 bedroom with 1 large single, additional accommodations in the living room, can sleep 3-5+ people
  • 1 -3 bedroom apartment with 2 bedrooms with double beds, 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds, additional accommodations in the living room, can sleep up to 6-7 people.

Each apartment has A/C, Heat, Kitchen Living room and bathroom. The property has a swimming pool, sauna, barbecue, and a playground area for children. There is WiFi but the signal is a bit weak, but she says that is getting improved.

Local guided tours and excursions of the area for the guests are available. There are walking trails up to the high sierra or an easy drive to the beach. There are reasonable taxi service that goes to the coast and Granada daily. There are weekly festivals and village events in Ugijar and the other local villages. Nola can also arrange a tour of the local vineyards apart from hers if someone is interested.

An hours drive away at the coast you have a the life of the Mediterranean, scuba, windsurfing, sailing, beach, fishing, tapas, and great culinary adventures. Almeria was actually just awarded a culinary excellence award this month.

Granada and the Alhambra are an hour and a half drive and is a fantastic trip (I would recommend spending the night there). There are airports, train and bus stations in both Almeria and Granada. Almeria has ferry boat that go to Africa daily as well.

The property is across the street from my winery and vineyards and approximately 1. 5 km to the village Ugijar.

Opening bid $800

Is this for the entire compound?

Thanks for asking! Let me clarify and I updated the offer.

You have the choice of any one of the properties based on availability.

That could be a fun trip

I won this last year and stayed at Cortijo Fray Leopoldo. Its a cute place,very beautiful views. The Cortijo has 3 guest suites. We stayed in the top floor 3 bed, 1 bath unit with a large balcony. It does have AC in the main room. Really pretty views from the balcony. It’s very close to Nola’s winery and it was fun getting there during harvest and picking some grapes with her major domo and his daughter. Ugijar (I still can’t pronounce the g correctly) is a cute little village with a few tapas places which are literally so cheap that you will feel guilty that the bill is so low. There are 2-3 grocery stores in town and I recommend cooking if you can for a couple days as (for me) tapas gets old after a while, especially as you won’t get vegetables at the tapas places otherwise. Try the Alhambra beer, local and quite nice. For some reason, the tapas places dont have local wines.

I recommend going shopping on market day, as its really fun and lots of good food to buy in the middle of town. You can take nice walks from the Cortijo through vineyards, olive and almond groves… probably technically trespassing but its not the states so its less likely you will get shot. The best times to go there is spring and fall when the have festivals.

As you may expect you HAVE to have a car, and there its a quick drive to the Mediterranean, and nice day trip to Granada and Malaga, and up the Sierra Nevada National Park. You need to be comfortable on narrow mountain roads between the villages in the Alpujarra. If anyone else has any questions on my experience, you can email me at oldnjaded at gmail.com

Thanks Eric,
No one minds if you walk through their land. I wish I could have been there during your visit Eric! It would be awesome if I can coordinate my trip with the winning bidders!!

Winner