Sabelli-Frisch Wines BD11 offer *EXTENDED FOR CORONA!*

Newbie alert! Trying to figure out these offers in anticipation of BD11, but I’ve come to understand from previous threads that including shipping seems appreciated and well received, normally. [cheers.gif] grouphug

Alright beautiful people - game on! Super-excited!

First things first: I’m in Madrid for work (my other work, that pays for all this madness, still) during BD11, so bear with me if I don’t respond immediately. I will as soon as I get back to hotel.

WINEMAKER BACKGROUND/INTRO:

I SHIP TO:
CA, NY, OR, WA, CO, NV, AZ, TX, DC, FL, AK, IL, PA, NC, MI, VA

WHEN WILL IT SHIP?:
End of Feb, beginning of March unless weather in your state dictates I hold on to it a bit longer.

HOW WILL IT SHIP?
FedEx mostly, within California it might be GSO. UPS also in the works, but their customer service for compliance is terrible, so not sure I’ll get it in time. In greater Los Angeles area, I will deliver any purchase myself in A/C’d car to guarantee cool transport (if my wife lets me borrow the family car). [wow.gif]

WHAT’S THE SHIPPING COST?
Zero! It’s included in price of the offer for BD11! [cheers.gif]

SALES TAXES?
Yes, unfortunately I do have to collect taxes for almost all states on their behalf. It’s very annoying. And because it’s sometimes a combination of the state tax and an extra county tax, I have to apply a “state average” to the states that implement that. Only ones that don’t roll with taxes like that is pretty much CO, FL, AK and OR.

HOW MANY OFFERS? There will be only two offers, but at hugely reduced price!

ANY LIMITS ON HOW MUCH?
Nope. Buy as much as you want.

OFFER 1: BD SAMPLER PACK!:

This is a 5 bottle sampler that includes:

2x 2018 “La Malinche” Mission, Mokelumne River AVA, Lodi, CA. Red wine. Regular price: $30/bottle.
1x 2018 “Gordon W.” Alicante Bouschet, San Joaquin County, CA. Red wine. Regular price: $30/bottle.
1x 2018 “Milk Fed” Marsanne, Sierra Foothills, CA. White wine. Limited edition wine that will only be available for 2018 vintage (variety changes each year). Regular price: $40/bottle.
1x 2018 “Lanterna” Flame Tokay, Mokelumne River AVA, CA. Rosé. Regular price: $30/bottle.

REGULAR PRICE: $160 + shipping.
YOUR PRICE: $99 incl. shipping! 38% price reduction before shipping!

LINK TO BUY THIS OFFER (will go active on the 25th):

https://www.sabelli-frisch.com/wines/bd-sampler-offer\

OFFER 2: BD CASE OFFER!:

This is the full 12 case offer that includes a nice mix of:

4x 2018 “La Malinche” Mission, Mokelumne River AVA, Lodi, CA. Red wine. Regular price: $30/bottle.
3x 2018 “Gordon W.” Alicante Bouschet, San Joaquin County, CA. Red wine. Regular price: $30/bottle.
3x 2018 “Milk Fed” Marsanne, Sierra Foothills, CA. White wine. Limited edition wine that will only be available for 2018 vintage (variety changes each year). Regular price: $40/bottle.
2x 2018 “Lanterna” Flame Tokay, Mokelumne River AVA, CA. Rosé. Regular price: $30/bottle.

REGULAR PRICE: $390 + shipping.
YOUR PRICE: $199 incl. shipping! 49% price reduction before shipping!

LINK TO BUY THIS OFFER (will go active on the 25th):

https://www.sabelli-frisch.com/wines/bd-case-offer\

THE WINES:

2018 “La Malinche”: Mission, Mokelumne River AVA, CA.

Tasting notes:
Fruity, peppery, soft but developed tannins, smooth mouthfeel. Very well balanced.

Style:
I think the mistake people have made in the past with Mission, is that they’ve treated it as a light red grape, probably because of its light color. But it doesn’t fit into that category easily. In fact, it has very big tannins and is much more suited vinified as a medium bodied wine, in my opinion. So rather than go against it’s nature, I wanted to go with it and not fight it. That’s why I kept it on its skins for about 3 weeks. This imparts a great color and a wonderful mid to it with a nice mouthfeel, perfectly suited for food. It was aged mainly in neutral oak for 15 months, with just about 15% new oak to add a subtle roundness to the finish.

As always, naturally fermented, no filtering, no fining and with as little sulfites as I can get away with.

Vineyard:
Somers Vineyard might have some of the oldest Mission vines in the US. Nobody knows exactly how old they are, but our best guess is turn of the century. That would be the last century, not this one. Some say less, but for sure they’re at least 50+ years old. They grow right next to the river in the Mokelumne River AVA, Lodi, California and are mostly dry farmed, since their roots reach deep.

2018 “Milk Fed”: Marsanne, Sierra Foothills, CA. Limited Edition (only about 2500 bottles made).

Tasting notes:
When I crushed this, the juice tasted exactly like peachy ice tea. It was uncanny how close it was. Despite it’s longer aging and some skin-contact, I can tell you that those peachy mineral notes are very much still there. Wonderfully fruity, but structured white with a smooth end. A “grown up” white. It pairs very well with foods you might consider a lighter red wine for.

Style:
These Marsanne grapes were crushed, put into clay amphoras with their skins. To my great surprise, and actually counter to what I was expecting, the skin imparted very little phenolic flavors and color to the wine. This pleased me very much as I had during the time that passed, grown less and less interested in making “orange” wines. So I was delighted that the wine almost read my mind. It is still a structured and fuller white, but it never overpowers or buries the fruit in oxidation like some skin-contact whites tend to do.

As always, naturally fermented, no filtering, no fining and with as little sulfites as I can get away with.

Vineyard:
Ramos Torres vineyard is an organically farmed vineyard in the Sierra Foothills. Impeccably farmed, it produces wonderful fruit from a cooler foothill location.

2018 “Lanterna”: Flame Tokay, Mokelumne River AVA, CA.

Tasting notes:
Red apples, olive tapenade and brine. These are the notes I get when I taste it. Because of its skin-contact, much more structure than you normally find on rosés. Wonderful wine, absolutely over the moon with it.

Style:
This super-rare variety has a pink skin which makes it possible to make a rosé by skin-contact, which is not how rosé wines are normally made. The wine’s color is solely imparted by the 3 weeks of skin contact it had during fermentation. This creates a structured rosé, yet brimming with fruit. I like to call it an amber rosé. Aged in neutral oak and amphoras for 15 months.

Vineyard:
The Chandler Vineyard is a tiny vineyard in the Mokelumne River AVA, Lodi, California. The vines we harvest here are documented to be 119 years old, which makes them by far the oldest Flame Tokays in the US, most likely. An amazing treat to be able to work with such historic vines and enjoy their developed flavors. Only one of maybe three or four vineyards in the whole of the US that still has a little bit of this type of variety left.

2018 “Gordon W.”: Alicante Bouschet, San Joaquin County, CA.

Tasting notes:
A complex wine with lots of layers of forest fruits and berries, some subtle herbal notes, smooth tannins whilst still retaining a lightness in its step.

Style:
My slight extended maceration gives this wine a subtle old world roundness and structure, without ever overpowering the fruit. It spent 15 months in neutral oak so as to not impart too much heavy-handedness, with just a touch of 15% new oak to round it off.

Vineyard:
The Dutchman Vineyard is a sustainably farmed low-impact vineyard in San Joaquin County that’s farmed by Sam and Carla Travaille. It has produced award-winning Alicante Bouschet for multiple producers in the past, so I’m glad to get access to this fruit.

Thank you for this opportunity to share my wines and for your support of a new member! flirtysmile [drinkers.gif]

In for a case

This is what B-Day is about: A great opportunity to try interesting wines from new (to me) producers. Totally excited to try these.

Hi Adam,

Order in. Love some me mission and Alicante Bouschet. Glad to see you trying to fill in the void left my Harringtons exodus.

Sean

Order is in…

Thanks Adam, what a great offer. Order in - can’t wait to try these.

In for #1…thank you for such a generous offer and can’t wait to try!

Just got back to hotel here in Madrid and I’m blown away by the love you’ve shown! I honestly did not expect this amount of orders on the first day, or even at all! Amazing - thank you! Also, I just finished my Squarespace sales portal like the day before, so let me know if any automated email looks funky or if anything is unclear.

Thanks again and really excited for tomorrow! I’ll try to post more as soon as I get back to hotel! flirtysmile grouphug [dance-clap.gif] [drinkers.gif] [cheers.gif] champagne.gif

Ordered a sampler. Can’t wait to try these.

Too weird to pass up. Really excited for these.

This is right up my alley!

Took the case deal this morning. Looks like some very interesting wines and at prices that are hard to beat. Alicante Bouchet is not generally my style as it is often monolithic, but this version sounds enticing. Looking forward to trying all of them!

Have to agree with another berserker, that these are too unique/interesting/weird to pass up. In on the sampler.

Was looking forward to trying these. Ah, well, I live in MD. Maybe next year?

I had to grab some. I love story, the passion and the utter geekiness of it all.

Looking forward to getting my case. Thanks for shipping to PA!!

Looking forward to these! Been following your thread on the Mission grape for a while. Thanks!

Damn Jersey Shipping problem

I’m in, can’t wait to try these.