Biggio Hamina 11 - Offer over.

We are doing four offerings again this year, five if you “Shoot the Moon”!

Offer #1.
A Magnum of 2010 Caroline. Yes, 2010. There are a couple dozen available and they are gorgeous. $200 each ($250 retail). 100% whole cluster goodness.

Offer #2.
2016 Claygate vineyard Pinot noir, 1 case. All destemmed, and they are $450 ($600 retail). All Ribbon Ridge deliciousness. Yep, $450 a case.

Offer #3.
The 2017 sampler six pack: this includes Claygate, Holmes Gap, Johnson Ridge, Lia, Noel vineyards plus a Caroline. Retail value is $370, but wait! Today they can be yours for an even $300 my friends. This is a special price for you, you crazy Berserkers!

Offer #4.
2010 Riesling from Amity vineyard and 2012 Riesling from Sunnyside vineyard. The 2010 Amity is from the original planting in 1974, and the Sunnyside is from 1972. These wines are a zero zero, which means there is no residual sugar nor any malic acid. Do you like acid and petrol? You’d better. They’re also unfiltered. Who does that? A sixer is $150 ($240 retail), three & three.

There is no charge for shipping, that’s right shipping is free!

Want to Shoot the Moon?

Buy them all!!! $200+$450+$300+$150=$1100, but I’ll let them go for $999 (two cases and a magnum). So, in layman’s terms: offers #1 through #4.

Please send a DM or email me (todd @ biggiohamina.com) which includes both your email and shipping addresses as well as information about your order. These will go on a first come, first served basis.

If you have any questions please ask, I have answers.

Thanks!

And here’s some background from last year’s Sponsor feature: BD10 SPONSOR FEATURE: Biggio Hamina Cellars - BD10 Sponsor Features - WineBerserkers

20200124_153911.jpg
Some big bottles.
20200124_153906.jpg

20190924_170706.jpg
750ml

Todd, how 'bout a #3 & #4. Im so out of space, but lets just pile on…

You got it Charlie! Thank you.

e mail sent (for offer #1) --fingers crossed!

Email Sent for #4

I was asked about a bit more information about the Claygate. It is entirely destemmed (most of my 16’s were as the seeds weren’t super ripe) and saw zero new oak. It’s 777 and 115, because that is all they planted on their three acre site which sits roughly a quarter mile from Brickhouse, and is all marine sedimentary soil.

Here’s the review from Vinous. And yes, I put a 94 point wine on offer for you guys and gals.

Bright red. An exotically perfumed bouquet displays intense red fruit, potpourri and incense qualities. Spice and savory herb nuances build as the wine opens up. Bright and energetic in the mouth, offering densely packed and appealingly sweet raspberry liqueur, cherry and spicecake flavors that pick up a smoky mineral note on the back half. Plays power off of finesse deftly and finishes extremely long and floral, with sneaky, fine-grained tannins and a touch of exotic spices.

– Josh Raynolds 94

I love when Todd pulls out his oddities and I’m looking forward to my 6 pack of Riesling.

PS - The '17 Holmes Gap is an absolutely stunning wine.

Thank you Joe.

And an FYI, I send out Square invoices which may get put in your spam folder (I don’t know why…) but check there.

All good. It made into my main inbox. [cheers.gif]

Also, we have some very nice auction items on deck for tomorrow to help out some folks, and to benefit the WB. So please bear that in mind if you don’t see exactly what you are looking for here. Thanks.

Michael, Sean and Joe you are set. Thanks!

Hello everyone, good morning and/or good afternoon!

It’s an old vine Riesling and Pinot noir kind of year this time.

Don’t underestimate Todd’s Riesling! Tasted a 2010 last year that had a bit of OR forest, mineral notes, baking spice and a bone dry attack…lanolin, apple and white peach. Nice persistence. Pleasing linear finish. Clean and balanced…a pleasure to drink!

RT

Thanks Richard., these two are certainly an in your face no prisoners approach, but I like that. And they needed all this time to begin to strut their stuff.

I have never tried Todd’s Rieslings. I just ordered some for the first time. But his Pinot Noirs are sublime well worth the effort.

Thanks Charlie. You know, because we don’t filter anything and do a bunch of skin/lees/solid contact (whatever you want to call it) and it all starts spontaneously to ferment sometimes the wines take a little bit of time to come around. If you then add that these Rieslings are both old vine then the whole waiting game that I have played makes sense. Otherwise I make a hard, unforgiving wine and tell people wait a decade. Wait a decade? WTF, but that’s what i ended up doing, making 20 year wines in a country where most people don’t even bother with Riesling because it’s too sweet. Well, these aren’t sweet at all. Some may even consider them unfriendly, but I think they’ll make friends because they’re delicious.

Todd knows his sh_t. That is why, when I decided to make wine, I went to Todd to be my mentor and coach but I first had to be his cellar bit__, for a few years. Todd makes beautiful wine.

In for a #4!