Thank You! Bohème Pinot Noir, Occidental, Sonoma Coast

Thank you all so much for the fun during BerserkerDay 11! We loved it and look forward to many of you enjoying our wine.

**Special thanks to Todd, Brig (and crew) for all you do.

Kurt and the Bohème Family

Kurt, I don’t see any offer here

Good to hear from you, Dave!!
Happy to assist tomorrow. [cheers.gif]

And the link is corrected for the Chardonnay offer, all is good!

Tks for the nudge, Brig. All links are functioning.

Confirmed, Don: We ship to Pennsylvania.

[cheers.gif] Kurt

These wines are honest, lithe, beautiful expressions of site and vintage.

I’m in for it all.

Such kind words, Joseph! Delighted to help.

Make sure to enter the Promotion Code ‘BD11’ at checkout for your 25% Discount.
(Free shipping on each of the 4 offers will apply automatically.)

[cheers.gif] Kurt

Thanks for your order, Don!
Thanks for your order, Tram!

We’ve received a couple inquiries about our 2017 Pinot Noir wines being offered, and any influence by the terrible Tubbs Fire of 2017:

-We were very fortunate to harvest our final grapes of ‘17 (Syrah from English Hill Vineyard) on October 4th — just 4 days before the start of the fire. 2017 was a fantastic vintage for us, and many neighbors.

As a Sonoma County resident, it’s been heartwarming to see our community come together, and participate in the rebuilding process. It will be a years-long effort.

Thanks for your orders, all!

Unless requested otherwise, we’ll plan to ship starting next Monday, Feb 3rd.

Thank you Kurt! This was my one repeat order from last year - all of last year’s were great but I am intentionally buying less wine this year. Remembering how great your pinot tasted forced my hand on this one!

That’s some high praise, Bryan - thank you.
We’ll be in touch about shipping your wine next week!
Best to you,
Kurt

Wow- huge thanks, everyone!!

I’m especially pumped for the buy-in on our ‘17 Pinots. Today (BD11) is the first time we’ve offered these bottles to anyone, anywhere. I tasted them with my assistant today – we’re so excited to get them elsewhere in the market.

I just ordered 3 of the Chardonnay Duo. Thanks Kurt!

Thank you, Jeff! So glad you’re getting the Chardonnays. I’m certain you’ll love them.

Stay tuned for your shipping update. :+1:t3::+1:t3:

Kurt

Hi Berserkers!

Huge thanks for your support- I’m so excited to get our wines into so many new hands. And grateful for so many repeat fans as well. Thank You.

We’ve decided to leave our BerserkerDay offers open this week. Please let me know if you have any questions–delighted to assist.

Kurt
(707) 887-2287

Hi Kurt,

My order is out for delivery today and I’ll need to enter a drinking window into my cellar spread sheet. Would it be possible for you to share with us when each of the wines in your offer might be ready to drink and approaching their best. Thank you so much.

Thanks for your question (and patience!), Peter.

Stuller Vineyard is the rockiest soil and smallest-cropping of our Pinot Noir sites and generally warrants longest cellaring.
2013 Stuller is youthful, alive and delicious right now. Dark-toned, pure bramble fruits with black tea and minerals have integrated delightfully with its tannin, which was firm in youth. I’d open now through ~2024 if you like freshness, however it’ll go longer still if you desire more earth and bricky/ oxidative tones.

2014 Stuller was a step juicier and lighter on its feet than '13 – energized and youthful in character. Objectively dark and cerebral on the Pinot spectrum, with complex, captivating topography to match. Drink now through 2024.

2015 Stuller came from an especially small crop (.41 tpa) and, at time of bottling, was the darkest Pinot I’d made. It shows similar blue & black fruit/ tea/ mineral character as '13 and '14 but with even more gumption and a dash of fine French toast (the first vintage we used any new bbls in the Pinots) - it’s just now softening. I’d frankly wait another two yrs before opening and - even then - decant & aerate. I’ll be drinking mine 2022 through ~2026.

The 2017 Pinots are rich and balanced, across the board. The wines fermented with 25-33% whole-clusters and aged in 17-25% new French barrels. In order of suggested opening date:
2017 English Hill is the most aromatically pronounced Pinot I’ve bottled - seems to leap out of the glass. It’s very savory with wild grass/ fennel, red fruit, earth, mushroom and seamless, long finish. Drink 2021 through 2025.

2017 Taylor Ridge is a fine, pure far coast Pinot with dried cherry/ clove/ spruce/ spice and a soft, grippy/ grainy/ velvet texture. It’s the most modest of our 2017s yet so sensual and compelling. I love this wine and plan to drink 2021 through 2026.

2017 Occidental Hills is our debut of this proprietary bottling. I’m still trying to get a clear handle on its nature and trajectory–certainly it carries dark and amplified fruit tones with a formidable frame. I sense it will blossom in a couple years when its tannins meld to the red/ blue/ black fruit and rich earth & wood elements. It’s similar to Stuller in intensity/ complexion but with slightly brighter, friendlier fruit. Drink 2022 through 2027.

2017 Stuller is similar to 2015 above, however a portion more whole cluster, dried soils, red fruits and fine French oak. It’s the most focused wine of the vintage and will no doubt go the distance. I’d open 2023 to 2027.

2017 West Pole was born after assembling the '17 Bohème single vyd Pinots. There were a number of fantastic barrels I couldn’t imagine selling away; the favorites made our first SC appellation Pinot, West Pole. WP averaged 30% whole cluster (all grapes we grow) and 21 mos in 1-4 y.o. French oak bbls. Flavors: luminous cranberry, Kirsch cherry, bergamot, elderflower, roasted chestnut with frame built for aging - I’d decant if opening soon, but ideally enjoy 2021 through 2026.

Chardonnay:
The Bohème Chardonnays are from an ‘old Wente’ petite-berry selection that we harvest at mid-ripeness, whole-cluster press and ferment in 2-4 y.o. Burgundy bbls. The wines age on their lees 20 mos: I describe them as medium-density, slight toast with beaming fruit and fresh acidity.
2016 Taylor Ridge is a nudge brighter with more tension than English Hill. Taylor shows minerals, lemon-citrus, orange blossom and stone fruits. It sings right now; I’d open now through 2025 or later, if you enjoy aged Chard.

2016 English Hill - We took budwood from Taylor Ridge when grafting these vines 7 miles south, so is predictably similar in spirit and expression. English Hill’s windier/ foggier/ warmer weather with richer soils gives more indulgent savory notes and weightier mid-palate than Taylor Ridge. I love the poached pear, orange rind, exotic fruits and crisp acidity. Like Taylor, bottled summer '18 so is integrated now yet vivid and youthful. Open now through 2024.

Thank you so much Kurt. I know from past purchases your wines continue to improve with a year or two of cellar time. The trick of course is determining when a wine will be at its best without having to waste a bottle or two! Without your notes I would definitely have drunk the 2015 and 2017 Stuller too soon, so much appreciated.

Looking forward to your Chardonnay notes!

I opened a mag of the 2010 Stuller PN last Thanksgiving, and it was delicious and far from being over the hill.

It was the hit of the day [cheers.gif]

Totally bummed, I spaced on BD and missed out on Boheme pinot. And the sad thing is, I know from so many sources it is good juice. Grr. May have to show up in the tasting room and do some arm twisting next month…