WINDY OAKS ESTATE 3-pack special—NEW SLH PINOT and FREE SHIPPING!

2017 Estate Pinot Noir, 100% WHOLE CLUSTER, Santa Cruz Mountains
• The estate vineyard at Windy Oaks has a very long growing season, so it is possible to get the stems and seeds ripe at the same time as the grapes, enabling the winemaker to ferment using the ‘whole cluster,’ i.e., no destemming, producing a wine that is unique in flavor and elegance
• This latest version shows exciting fruit and floral aromatics along with fleshy density and a forward nature
• Dark garnet and ruby highlight the vintage with a touch of exotic warmth, silky medium/full body and a spicy complexity
• Starting with pretty rose petals, red berry and toasty oak notes it expresses itself on the palate with a hint of savory charm in the background to layers of black cherry, raspberry, sassafras and strawberry along with cinnamon stick, and smoky vanilla
• This wine is drinking great right away, but should be even more rewarding with 3 to 5 years of age
• Aged 21 months, 45% new French Oak, 144 cases, unfiltered and unfined

2017 Escolle Pinot Noir, SLH, FIRST TIME RELEASE
• The Escolle Vineyard, located next to Gary’s Vineyard at the northern end of the Santa Lucia Highlands, is quickly becoming one of SLH’s top vineyards
• This first release comes from several blocks that Windy Oaks leases, and demonstrates a fine sense of delicacy yet nuanced power
• The wine is highly aromatic, showing pot-pourri, conifer and dark red fruit plus a suggestion of roasted cocoa on the nose
• It is distinctive on the palate, redolent of macerated herbs, tangerine peel and dark red berries; with a broad mid-palate and round, but lively and intense, back palate and finish. An unusual juxtaposition of signals for maturity alongside youthful freshness
• Sure-footed, nuanced and elegant, this wine is drinking well now, but will age 10+ years
• Aged 23 months, 40% new French oak, 139 cases produced, unfiltered and unfined

2016 ‘Old Vine’ MOURVÈDRE, Chalone, Monterey County
• From legendary Chalone appellation, over 40-year old vines planted by Dick Graff
• Rich and velvety with notes of wild game, forest floor, chocolate/mocha and brambly red fruit
• Very smooth and seamless on the palate with supple tannins and lingering florality
• Age-worthy wine that can be enjoyed young, but will continue to improve with age
• Aged 26 months in new 600 L French oak barrel, 63 cases, unfiltered and unfined

FREE SHIPPING TO EVERYONE!

Wine Berserkers price is $121 (actual full retail is $161). If you’re a Windy Oaks Wine Group member, simply email Judy, and she’ll charge your account on file, and ship. If you’ve ordered previously, we most likely still have your info, so check with Judy before duplicating your efforts! If not a member, or you have not previously ordered from Windy Oaks (or your info has changed), email Judy, judy@windyoaksestate.com with name, shipping address, phone number, and cc info (you may send in two emails if you prefer); or call Judy at 831.724.9562—if no answer, simply leave your name and number and Judy will get back to you—it’s a password-protected voicemail.

Folks, tomorrow (when you are allowed to buy these), BUY THESE! I’ve purchased at least 2 cases worth of these wines over the years, even being part of their club for a few of them. Let them sit for a while and be rewarded…

It’s not ‘tomorrow’ - seriously, these are amazing Pinots…

Great pinots! we have been a club member for 7 years.

Anyone who has any hesitation on this should just go ahead click buy. I’ve bought 10 cases from them over the years (actually 116 bottles according to CT but close enough) and continue to buy a case per year. Every wine of their’s that I have had has been great and they are very age worthy, even the entry level estate pinot (might actually be my favorite when price is factored in). Great wines and even better people. In a pinot double blind I hosted in 2019, the 2013 Estate PN and 2012 Reserve PN were in the top 4 out of 15 bottles that included bottles from producers like Rhys, Williams Selyem, Failla, Thomas and Whitcraft.

In on a 3 pack. Look forward to them.

Wow, 10 cases! I actually looked it up and I’m just over 2 cases, and I LOVE THEM ALL - honestly haven’t had a bad bottle of Pinot from Jim

I rounded up slightly. CT shows 116 bottles purchased but haven’t entered or finalized my order for this year that Judy emailed me about last week so that will put me over the 10 case mark. The best thing is that I have 56 bottles left!

I’m down to only 3!