MATURE TOP BORDEAUX + CDP & CA RARITIES

My third offer for Berserker Day features two collections of wines from ideal provenance, one classic stellar Bordeaux and a Rhone, the other is assorted California and a couple of foreign maature rarities mostly from another visit to the “Davis Cellar”

Sales are first come, first served started when this offer is made available to the community. Please email your requests to me at vinoscape@gmail.com through Tuesday.Please be aware the Davis Cellar Wines are in my possession and can ship shortly. The Bordeaux are in the cellar of a very busy gent back East and will take weeks to get to you. Patience required as his limited free time and the weather factors are beyond my control.

BORDEAUX: Perfect Wines, Perfect Provenance.

The following revered Bordeaux have matured in a client’s private cellar at 55 degrees and 70% humidity. I sold him nearly all of these cases upon release and a couple were from K&L upon release. The were untouched for decades and were opened less than two weeks ago for the first time for inspections.

These bottles represent the best possible examples of classic early/pre climate change Bordeaux in the market. Some of the apex wines are just entering their prime drinking windows after 30+ years. These vintages are classically styled wines which fueled the surge in interest in Bordeaux in the 80s and 90s

My pricing is outstanding for Berserker Day. Check the auction averages for these wine on CT, factor in perfect provenance. This is a great opportunity to backfill by the bottle with perfectly stored in 55 degrees and 70% numidity with all neck fills, most still mid-neck.

12/1982 Ch. Leoville Las Cases $325 each
12/1986 Ch. Mouton Rothschild $875
6/1988 Ch. Lafite Rothschild $650
12/1989 Ch. Clinet $575
12/1989 Ch. Pichon Lalande $210
12/1989 Ch. Leoville Las Cases $190
12/1990 Ch. Margaux $875
1990 L&A Brunel Les Cailloux Cuvee Centenaire Chateauneuf du Pape $295

The original wooden cases are available.

CALIFORNIA + Oldies with excellent fills, unless noted and a couple with minor label flaws.

I have received significant positive feedback regarding the "Davis Cellar” bottles sold over the past three years, plus buyers have posted notes on some bottles on Cellar Tracker

These are solo bottles so I am unable to provide tasting notes and there is little info available online. When reading any reviews, please keep in mind the bottles reviewed most likely did not come from perfect provenance.

NV(1940’s or earlier) Beringer “Mosel” Private Stock Napa Riesling $75 no capsule, minor water stained label, low label fill
The wine is light in color, a sediment track can be seen on the bottle and the cork amazingly is not saturated. Several other Beringer oldies from this era had an added strip label stating received 1949.

NV Christian Brothers Pinot St George(Negrette) Cuvee 319 $45
Brother Timothy blended vintages of certain wines for consistency; I have seen later cuvees 324 and 331. This one was received Sept 12, 1968 as per a label notation

1974 Freemark Abbey Napa Pinot Noir $75

1978 Ch. Chevalier Stan’s Patch Napa Pinot Noir $50
LIttle known Spring Mtn. vineyards and winery from the 1800’s

1978 Hacienda Sonoma Valley Pinot Noir $45
Region of crucial early Sonoma viticulture, the revival after Phylloxera by Harazthy

1978 Burgess Napa Pinot Noir $45
1990 Freemont Creek(a Beckstoffer winery) Napa/Mendo Cab $40
1991 Monterra Monterey Petite Sirah $35
1993 Guenoc Beckstoffer lV Vineyard Rutherford Cab $50
1995 Castalia Rochioli Vineyard Pinot Noir $50
Made by Rochioli Cellarmaster Terry Bering in a solid vintage for Pinot Noir.

2003 Martini Oakville Station(To Kalon)Cabernet Sauvignon $40
Sourced from UC Davis vineyards on ye olde To Kalon vineyard. There are two vineyard sites, one a previous Federal research site on Valley floor and the other up the Oakville grade a bit, both on the original To Kalon Winery brand property. No doubt some of the most valuable research vineyards on the planet!

Other Rarities
1979 Heidsieck Monopole Diamant Bleu Brut Champagne $250
Rare luxury cuvee from a vintage about which Decanter magazine wrote is “marked by impressive balance and longevity” Fill is near capsule level and the wine is not oxidized-very light in color. Only data: Winebid sold one 6/19 for $285

1973 McLaren Vale Vineyards McLaren Grove “Burgundy” Shiraz ts $50
(grown “near Blewitt Springs McLaren Vales”) 12% ABV, label stamped sample.

1969 Associated Vintners Yakima Valley Pinot Noir $50 1.5” ullage
From my research, this bottle appears to be the first Pinot Noir bottling in WA. It was produced by U of WA staff/enthusiasts. Prior to 1969, Pinot Noir in WA was blended into “Burgundy”
NV S.A. Vinedos y Bodegas Arizu Valroy “Vino Fino Tinto Tipo Borgona” Mendoza $50
I requested info from the current descendant winery, but no received no reply. I believe this bottle is from the 60’s or early 70’s. Apparently, Americans were not alone calling their wines “Burgundy”. This could be a blend or a Pinot Noir

Thank you for your consideration.

Richard Albert

In for 2 bottles of the 82 las cases - email sent

Would like 1x 82 LLC and 1x 89 LLC if available. Will follow up over e-mail.

Interested in 6 of the 82 LLC. Email sent!

Email sent on two each of the LLC.

Richard I am interested in the Heidheick, 78 burgess pn. And 74 Freemark. Also Lalande and client if you have any left. Jlmk

Sent an email yesterday re: Pichon Lalande - please let me know.

Thanks.

Ditto on pll and a few others

Has anyone gotten a response?

Exchanged confirmation emails With Richard earlier today.