Flannery Beef x BerserkerDay11: Ribeyes, Porterhouse, Hangers and More!

Each year we try to come up with something special for you guys partly because it’s fun for us to deal with people who appreciate what we do; and more importantly, the “Wine Community” in general and Berserkers in particular, have been so much a part of our business.

Bottom line in ten words or less: How often does one get to sell to customers who are also friends……

(OK, I can do math too, but if you subtract all words over 5 letters its just like our Beef- perfect!)

In years past we have pushed the envelope on the length of age but this year, we are going to our strength- 30 day dry age. So this year since there is a wedding in our family’s future (Katie & her beau are finally making it official), we are offering: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue

Something Old: You asked , we listened! This year we’re happy to be able to offer not only our timeless [California Reserve Dry Aged Ribeye Steaks, but for the first time, our California Reserve Dry Aged Porterhouse as well.

Something New: Once again, we got our act together in advance and sourced Prime grade Pichanas! Since there are some size variances per piece, we are offering these in pairs so we get some uniformity of weight.

Something Borrowed: This is really a one time item; it will only be offered once. It is a steak we created to honor a dear friend and patron Les Rudd who passed away a while back. Les was the founder of Rudd Oakville Estate and Press Restaurant in St Helena, and one our biggest supports from day one. It is a truly unique Bone-in New York Strip. We developed it in collaboration with Chef Phillip of Press Restaurant in St Helena CA- and after this introduction, it will only be available at the restaurant. Longer description follows.

Something Blue: There are very few cuts of meat that can be served at any spectrum of doneness and still be spectacular. Our Prime Hanger is exactly that- so whether you serve it so rare it is BLUE, or so done it is black; it’ll be a hit!

The Rudd Steak:
For as long as I knew Les Rudd, he always loved bone in steaks. He tried for years to get me to supply his Press Restaurant with a bone in Filet, and I was never able to accommodate him as it is next to impossible to fabricate a large number of bone in filets strictly from the shortloin we use. Well. I lost a dear friend a while back, and the restaurant brought in a fantastic Chef to continue what Les had begun. It was in a discussion with Chef Phil, that he indicated he wanted to add some different things to the offerings, and as I drove away from that meeting, a light went off. I will give Les the perfect bone in steak. That is the origin of the Rudd Steak.

As you know, a Kansas City Strip is a bone in New York- so what’s the big deal right? The KC had an “L” shaped bone that can be difficult to handle when plated- almost impossible to get all the meat off the bone. What we have done with the Rudd steak is remove the foot of the “L”, so there is only the straight bone on the side. This gives the fun of a bone-in steak with the ease of a boneless steak.

This really will be only a one time shot from us- you can always order it whenever you get to Press Restaurant in the Napa Valley (worth the trip!!!); but I promised them that this would be their exclusive. Other than cheating this one time for a group I value as friends, we will not offer this again on our website.

How To Order
Each of the items listed above are also links that will take you to that product’s page on our website. Simply fill up your shopping cart with whatever quantities of the steaks and when you’re ready to check out, head to the Shopping Cart page and enter the code “BDXI” in the Coupon Code box, and click “Apply Coupon”. We still haven’t updated our site (it’s on the list for 2020), so bear with us as this part can be a bit confusing. There are two areas to enter codes, one is for Coupon Codes, the second is for Gift Card Codes. Make sure you enter the code “BDXI” in the Coupon Code section.

In for three porterhouses and a pichana.

Hmmm. It says the code is not valid right now.

1 Like

[oops.gif] guess I am having operator error…

Coupon code not working

Coupon code not working for me either.

Glad it was not only me …

I now don’t feel as bad about forgetting to add the coupon code.

Emailed them - it’s fixed now

Works now, order in

Katie here - my fault on this one!! Was so focused on making sure code only worked on the 27th, totally forgot about today, ha. Todd gave me a head’s up and now we’re back in business champagne.gif

Don’t worry, gotcha covered - I’ll get the discount credited back to your card. Sorry about that!!! -K

Good thing this ‘Todd’ character pointed it out only because he was trying to place the order (as per the stupid rules he put in place) for himself!!!

cheesehead

Order in . . . thanks!

order in thanks!

yay order in!

$500 in beef heading to NJ

Phew, order in, now, where to store it. Freezer and cellar both bursting.
Hangers, Rudds, Pichanas & Porterhouse.
sous vide and grilling time is near.

Done. Hangers and Rib Eyes for me.

Order in for Rudds and Porterhouse. Thanks!