Longplay Wine - Oregon Pinot noir, pinot noir, pinot noir, some Chardonnay and a winemaker SMACKDOWN!

We own a vineyard, Lia’s Vineyard, in the Chehalem Mountains AVA.
We sell most of our fruit to some of Oregon’s top wineries (you’ll find
vineyard designates from Patricia Green Cellars, J. Christopher, Biggio-Hamina,
Grochau Cellars, White Rose Estate and others)
but we keep a little bit for ourselves.
We make wines with minimal intervention in small lots that
highlight the unique character of our site.
We named our wine “Longplay” because we say wine is like music:
There are many genres and styles, and “best” is more a question of taste
than absolutes. And we love the sound, flow and pacing of a great longplay record album.

This is our sixth Berserker Day! Looking forward to sharing wine with regular customers and new buyers this year! We usually offer $1 shipping & handling on six or more bottles, but in the spirit of Berserker Day we’re lowering the bar to just four bottles. Limited quantity, limited time. No need for special coupon codes to take advantage of the offer, no further discounts on these prices! Just go to our online shop. For CALIFORNIA and NEW JERSEY Berserkers I use a different shipping service. Send an email telling me what you want along with your name, shipping address, d.o.b. to todd@longplaywine.com and I’ll email you an invoice.

I’ve said my best customers are wine nerds, so as in past years we’re offering some “nerdical” packs but first let’s talk about the …

Berserker Day Horizontal Longplay Smackdown: Todd Hamina vs. Jay Somers
Okay, in 2017 I kept too many grapes to fit in my allotted corner at neighboring J. Christopher Winery so the amiable Todd Hamina came to my rescue because, as we all know, he is one of the nicest guys in the Willamette Valley. So now we have some Longplay pinot noir from the same vintage, made in two different facilities, under the guidance of two different rock star winemakers. We took the Pommard, Wadenswil, and some 115 clone to Jay, while Hamina worked with 777, 115, 667, and Mariafeld. There are four different wines here: the “Jory Bench Reserve” and “Lia’s Vineyard” bottlings made at J. Christopher and the predominantly whole-cluster “Experience” and “Take 2” made with Todd Hamina. The 2017 vintage is one of my all-time favorites. Go long these beautiful wines while they last.

Four bottles. Total retail value of $143 at our regular, reasonable prices, only $____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

Now for the Nerdicals …

The Starter Pack: Lia’s Vineyard Pinot Nerdical

Maybe you aren’t familiar with Longplay Wine and are afraid of commitment? Maybe you spent your entire BD budget on the first twenty offerings and are looking for a few lower priced offerings because you refuse let the good times end? This is our “flagship” bottling. We typically produce between 250-400 cases of this wine and it benefits from having a bit of soil and clonal diversity as it draws from all corners of the vineyard. This is a really nice wine at a super price. We’re talking small production Oregon pinot noir at less than $____ per bottle for Berserkerday.

2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 in the four pack.

Four bottles. Total retail value of $108 at our regular, reasonable prices, only $____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

Jory Bench Reserve Pinot Nerdical
In the northwest corner of Lia’s Vineyard is a spot I call the “Jory Bench.” It has Pommard and Wadenswil planted from 1990-1992 that consistently produce some of the best pinot in Oregon. (I might be biased.) I farm these blocks meticulously, spending more time on these three acres than the other 27 that I have under vine. The soil is Jory, the state soil of Oregon. Perfect exposure, moisture retention, vigor balance, etc. After harvest the fermenters from these blocks are tagged “JBR.” Not every barrel makes the cut.

2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 in the four pack.

Four bottles. Total retail value of $152 at our regular, reasonable prices, only $____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

Hi-Tone Pinot Nerdical
We make a wine called Hi-Tone. The fruit in these bottles is 100 percent Wadenswil. These are consistently some of my favorite barrels of the vintage. It is called Hi-Tone because of the floral notes on the wine. It has an extra long finish and a lovely texture. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 in the four pack.

Four bottles. Total retail value of $180 at our regular, reasonable prices, only $____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

Make my day and yours - choose the case-upgrade option! You’ll receive all three pinot nerdical four packs and save even more!
Yes, you can own the Matrix by purchasing a case that includes all three of the pinot nerdicals. Three different wines from four consecutive vintages all from the same vineyard - horizontal and vertical in one pack. This is possibly the best value you’ll find in pinot noir anywhere.

12 bottles. Total retail value of $443, yours for only $____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

Jory Slope Chardonerdical
I grow a small amount of own-rooted Wente Chardonnay planted in 1991. I keep half of it for Longplay, half goes to J. Christopher. Some vintages I get less than 2 barrels as my share. This doesn’t really see distribution. And I’ll confess that I hold a good amount of it back for personal consumption. But I’ll share some of it with you … because Berserkerday! Quantities are limited.
We’ve got a four pack with vintages 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
A retail value of $128, yours for only $____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

States we can ship to through Vinoshipper: AK, AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY

I’ll say it again … For CALIFORNIA and NEW JERSEY Berserkers I use a different shipping service. Send me an email with your name, shipping address, d.o.b. and I’ll email you an invoice.

We typically ship UPS. Business addresses are best. Alaska and Hawaii pay a bit extra. We charge sales tax if our compliance service requires that we pay taxes to your state. Cold weather delays, blah, blah, blah …

If you like the wines please revisit our store and order again. We usually have a six pack on offer at a great price. We try to offer the best prices to our direct customers because they are the best!

More info on the wines, including some reviews and tech sheets.
Visit our store and scroll down for terms and conditions.
Cellartracker notes

Call or text me if you have a question: 503-489-8466 or email: todd@longplaywine.com

I smote him.

I have not tasted your wines, Todd, so I ordered a Matrix to see how I like what you make from your own fine vineyard.

In for a Smackdown pack! What a terrific idea!

Todd - I’m curious to see who wins the Smackdown! I’m not going to tip my hand as to my favorite, but I’m planning to run a poll of the buyers in a few months … curious to see the results.

So if you buy the Smackdown pack, please keep notes!

Thanks, Bill! I’ll ship your wine on Monday.

Sheila - yours should go out for arrival later next week.

Jay Somers is a fantastic winemaker, hands down. You can’t go wrong here.

Love the smackdown pack. how could I resist. Sending email shortly.

All four wines in the Smackdown pack are among the best Longplay Wines ever. (I’m counting on reorders at full price to cover my BD11 losses.)

[cheers.gif]

Order in for the Hi-Tone pack. Have been buying Longplay wines off and on since visiting Newberg about 8 years ago, and they ALWAYS way over-deliver for their price point. Buy with confidence, as they say.

Loved seeing your order, Dave! The relationship that develops between longtime customers more resembles a partnership than a series of transactions and is what makes the public-facing part of this gig rewarding. Cheers!

I missed the SmackDown challenge first time around. It will be fun to see if you do as well with your grapes as the other Todd does.

BTW: I had more trouble sending this to my Oregon address than I did sending my first order to Texas.

Picked up a showdown! Thanks Todd!

Thanks, Lewis! Your wine should arrive late next week.
Cheers! [cheers.gif]

100% TRUE.

Todd, couldn’t resist trying your Wadenswil 6 pack.

Sante!

RT

order in

Had to go case here

First BD purchase I’ve made in a couple years. Looking forward to trying some pinot.

IN.

Thanks Todd … [cheers.gif]

Ordered a Smackdown… sounds like unplanned fun!

Trying the Jory chardonerdical!