*EXTENDED THIS WEEK!* Silas Wines BD Offer - Eola-Amity Hills, Oregon Wine and Dangerous Discounts!

Hello from the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, Willamette Valley, OR!

I’m excited to be back for Berserker Day again. Last year was a success, so this year we can turn it up to 11 on the deals!

It’s been getting crazy here in Amity OR, with a bunch of great vintages in a row! As some of you know, I tend to over-vintage the Pinots (in barrel for 12-22 months), and then sit on them after bottling for another few years before release. I’ve included Pinot from as far back as 2011, including that Willamette Valley WONDER YEAR of 2012, and there is a bottle of unreleased-except-to-you 2016, which is blowing minds and winning over hearts here.

Silas Wines has some eye-watering offers for you this weekend, STARTING at 30% off retail and flat-rate shipping, including some library wines, unreleased Pinots, and a SIX-YEAR PINOT VERTICAL (Supply limited as it contains some Library Wine)! The offers are below, and more information about Silas wines is at the bottom of the page. Everything here is flat rate shipping of $15 up to a case–so go ahead and stack offers, and you’ll only pay that $15 flat rate for shipping! ALSO-I’ll give you all Free Range on my site, so you can put together your own paks, should you want to delve deep. Use the code BDXI at checkout for 25% off and flat rate shipping on any non-Berserker bottles you find! NOTE: No need for a code for any of the Berserker Offers-the $15 Shipping is already built in and will show up at checkout. Every offer can be found under a Berserker tag at https://www.silaswines.com/pages/shop-wines

I have SIX ridiculous offers for you, Berserkers:

Offer #1
WARM VINTAGE Oregon Pinot – 3 bottles

• 2014 The Pearl Pinot Noir $45
  • 2015 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir $38
  • 2016 PDX Pinot Noir $29

Our Pinots show a mix of power and exceptional restraint during hot years, partly due to our higher elevation vineyards. Dark, jammy, and musky but with fresh purple and black fruit and spice.

Retail $112 vs. BDXI DEAL TODAY $79 (30% SAVINGS)!

Offer #2
COOL VINTAGE Oregon Pinot – 3 bottles

• 2011 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir $35
  • 2013 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir $32
  • 2013 The Pearl Pinot Noir $45
    The cooler vintages in Oregon produce some of the classiest, feminine, most complex wines. Delicate yet structured, these wines are blossoming right now.

Retail $112 vs. BDXI DEAL TODAY $79 (30% SAVINGS)

Offer #3
ROSÉ, WHITE & BUBBLES! – 3 bottles

• 2014 Beckenridge Pinot Gris Extended Skin Contact Rosé $29
  • 2015 Enna Hay Pinot Blanc $23
  • 2018 Pet-Nat Viognier/Riesling $27

We take pride in creating a small batch of unique rosé every year, displaying structure and complexity like the reds, and meant to be aged. The Pinot Blanc is dry, aromatic, beeswax-y, and one of the best expressions of this grape (IMHO) around. The Pet-Nat is special: dry, 8.5% alcohol (drink at work…?) and a combination of the natural pet-nat process and the traditional champagne process. (Less Nat then Pet-Nat, less pain than Champagne) Secondary Fermentation Dosage of frozen juice form the press, not disgorged, beautiful bubbles and very aromatic.

Retail $79 vs. BDXI DEAL TODAY $52 (35% SAVINGS)

Offer #4
The Offer that Makes Neo say “Whoa” – 4 bottles

• 2014 The Optimist 60%Gamay/40%Malbec $29
  • 2015 The Optimist 90%Malbec/10%Viognier $53
  • 2017 LEGAL LIMIT VA Viognier $23
  • 2018 Pet-Nat Viognier/Riesling $27

The artistic (and beloved) black sheep of the Silas Family, where we delve into experimental blends, natural winemaking and limit-pushing bottlings. The Reds are inspired by French winemaking regions or techniques, the Gamay/Malbec (think rustic french table wine) and Malbec/Viognier (our play on French Syrah) are one of a kind, and old-world focused. Think you don’t like VA? Think again! This super aromatic 1.1g/L VA dry Viognier is barely legal, and it’s blowing minds out here. The Pet-Nat is the bomb (figuratively-it will NOT blow up in your face upon opening) (described above)

Retail $132 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $86 (35% SAVINGS)

Offer #5
OMG I LOVE PINOT! SIX YEAR VERTICAL! – 6 bottles

• 2011 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir $35
  • 2012 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir $45
  • 2013 The Pearl Pinot Noir $45
  • 2014 The Pearl Pinot Noir $45
  • 2015 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir $38
  • 2016 PDX Pinot Noir $29

It’s a vertical, people! You better believe it! Opening up the library and the Silas Way back machine to some of our first vintages, and they are drinking really well right now! This includes a bottle of WONDER YEAR 2012, “That Cold Vintage that is just now ready” 2011, as well as the unreleased 2016 PDX Pinot. The only reason I haven’t released this is I’m not sure If I want to drink it all myself.

Retail $237 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $150 (37% SAVINGS-thats $25 a bottle for killer OR Pinot!)

Offer #6
DRINK LIKE A WINEMAKER, SPEND LIKE A SORORITY GIRL – 12 bottles

OK, this is where it gets real. I think we all should be drinking more Pinot, and at these prices you can afford to have a bottle of powerful, elegant wine on your table no matter what day of the week it is. These are two wines I am day-to-day drinking (and day drinking) the most at the moment, and they compliment each other (a warm vintage and a cool vintage). I am happy to give Berserkers the opportunity to pick up a case of these wines at ridiculously low (i.e. don’t tell my business partner until after BDXI) cost. And shipping is still only $15

6 bottles - 2014 PDX Pinot Noir $29
6 bottles - 2013 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir $32

Retail $366 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $200 (45% SAVINGS WHAT?!?) Limited number of cases available, as this is distributor pricing! Yep-that’s $200/case

All of these offers can be found at https://www.silaswines.com/pages/shop-wines under the tag Berserker. Please leave a note in the forum, or PM me–would love to talk about the wine!

No matter how many offers you purchase, shipping will only be $15 per case.

If you live in a State that isn’t one of the many I ship to via the website (i.e. California) don’t worry! Leave me a message and I will get wine to you!

I will be available all weekend by PM, on this forum, or at alex@silaswines.com: feel free to ask me any questions! More information on Silas Wines is available at SilasWines.com

And now, a little about Silas

We have been crafting wine in Oregon since 2009, making last year our 10th vintage. We grow Pinot Noir (own-rooted, dry-farmed Wadenswil-clone) on our unique 35-year old, 1000 ft. elevation vineyard, tucked into some classic Oregon second-growth forest (hence the name Silas, from the Latin “Silvanus,” meaning “from the woods”). Today we still farm our little vineyard, and have added grapes from a number of other sites and growers that we have discovered, tested and worked into the Silas fold over the last decade.

We pride ourselves in creating elegant Oregon Pinots that showcase the complexity and variety of each year, from brooding, musky, jammy hot years to complex and graceful cooler vintages. All our grapes are picked by hand, fermented in small lots, aged in French oak (roughly 30% new), and blended with an (infuriating, at times) attention to balance and finesse. Additionally, every year we put together a unique Oregon Malbec blend called The Optimist, where we bring varietals together that don’t usually find their way into the same bottle, inspired by French regional winemaking (think Malbec-Viognier…)

We make our wine at the beautiful Keeler Estate Vineyard winery, situated on a biodynamic vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, right outside Amity. Our tasting room/wine bar/meat-curing studio, called The Bramble, is located in downtown Amity (right next to our friends Franny Beck Wines-check out their BDXI Offers!)—we would love to have you come visit!

We have named our Pinots after three Portland neighborhoods (PDX, Ladd’s Addition, The Pearl) with unique character traits (PM me to talk more about my love of blending Pinot barrels). We age in bottle until the wine is ready to be released, which differs wine to wine. Our current release vintage is a mix of 2014s and 2015s.

I would love to ramble on about winemaking, Pinot Noir, elegance and the difference between “who” and “whom”, but for now…ONTO THE DEALS!

To order, simply click Shop Silas Wines

To make things easy, Flat Rate Shipping is only $15 on every order, no matter how large! This $15 will be added at checkout. Combine multiple orders into a case and you’ll still pay only $15. If I had an accountant, he’d be banging his head against his desk. (Note to self…I should probably get an accountant, and a soft topped-desk, soon). DON’T WORRY-If you don’t see your state listed for shipping, send me a PM or email me at alex@silaswines.com, and we will make it work.

Offer page not found.

Also tried without success. Page not found.

Hello!

The offers and links are working now-thanks for your patience! Come and get 'em.

Alex

I tried using the BDXI code for the flat rate shipping but the system complains with the following:
“The coupon code “BDXI” requires at least 1 items of qualifying products in order to be used”

I was trying to buy the case offer and it is in my cart. Can someone please help?

Hi Richard-

Sure thing-reviewing now-back in 5 minutes after tinkering with the site. Barrels are my specialty…computers, not so much.

Alright! thanks for the heads up, Richard.

The $15 shipping is now active for all the Berserker Day Offers, and no need for a code. It will automatically load at checkout!

I’ll be here for any more troubleshooting. Thanks again, and looking forward to getting some wine out to you!

Alex

Ok, DONE !!
In for the case special.
Looking forward to the vintage comparisons as well.
Thanks !!

Phew! Thanks for bearing the brunt of the website hiccups for everyone, Richard! I’ll get that moving to NV as soon as weather permits. Those are two great vintages to do a side by side-so very different, even with the same vineyard sources. I love drinking warm vintages when it’s slightly chilly outside, and cooler vintages when it’s toasty. It feels like the weather from the year is still in the bottle.

Hmm shipping is showing up as $62. Any advice on how to get the $15 shipping? Thanks!

Hey EllieG!

What Offer did you select/what’s sitting in your cart?

I’ll sort out lickity split.

Thanks!

Alex

1 BERSERKER WHITE, ROSÉ & BUBBLES
1 BERSERKER DRINK LIKE A WINEMAKER, SPEND LIKE A SORORITY GIRL

Ah got it!

It’s $15 per box, which is up to one case–looks like the site got confused. Just ran an identical order through and fixed the issue–you should now see $30 shipping ($15/up to one case) at checkout. May require to back your browser up once page and reload.

Looking forward to getting some Silas Wine moving your way, Ellie!

Thanks a lot!

I’m in as well! Thanks for taking care of the California offer via email!

My Pleasure Scott! Thanks for your support-it definitely makes this all possible. Have some vino heading your way as soon as the weather looks favorable!

Offer 3 - I’m always interested in Pet Nat’s … looking forward to trying these!

Oh it’s a good one! I’d be happy to fill you in on all the details once I get the bottle to you!

champagne.gif

Sounds great!

Berserker Days adventures are my favorites!