Metrick Wines BD11 Extravaganza!

Beautifully restrained winemaking on a micro-scale representing some of the best values in domestic wines today.”
–Doug Wilder, Purely Domestic Wine Report

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 5.11.47 PM.png
****About Metrick Wines

Metrick is my personal laboratory for wine exploration—my attempt to wrap my brain around wine as much as one can in a single lifetime. I’m also the owner of Alexander Jules, my Spanish wine import company and label of barrel selected sherries.

Metrick wines are made in a fresh, but ageworthy, style, sourced primarily from vineyards with significant coastal influence–they work wonderfully at the table. Vineyards selected and harvest decisions made to encourage lively acidity and earthy, herbal and floral aromatics.

To buy: go to my online shop (https://www.metrickwines.com/wine-shop-1) and find the offer you would like to purchase—offers only available on 1/27 . Fill a full case and get free shipping w code MTFULLCSSHIP. Tax/ship added at checkout.

****Berserkers Day 11 Offers

****Offer 1: 3pk Chardonnay Vertical (2015/2016/2017), 25% off!
Sierra Madre Vineyard, Santa Maria Valley AVA
92pts PDWR (2016)

A stripped down Chardonnay from one of the most historic vineyards in Santa Barbra county. Elegant, stony and saline, with a touch of classic Santa Maria Valley tropical fruit. Constant ocean winds from the nearby Pacific, sandy soils, stainless steel aged.

25% off for BD11, $72, normally $96

From PDWR on the 2016, “92pts, The nose reminds of yeast, saline and lemon; reserved and understated. The palate entry is succulent yellow stone fruit, dried peach and wiffs of vanilla and saline. Drink 2019-2027”

****Offer 2: 3pk Mourvèdre Vertical (2015/2016/2017), 25% off!
Futernick Vineyard, El Dorado AVA
94pts PDWR (2016)

Fresh, juicy and almost too easy to drink! The Futernick vineyard gives lighter and aromatic wines—dark berries with a little Mourvèdre funk. High altitude (2800 feet), deep volcanic soils, dry farmed most years, concrete aged.

From PDWR on the 2016: “94pts. A very attractive example of this variety…The nose is a fresh, light and delicate red and dark berry and crips red apple. The palate is a seamless continuation of the nose with lean, dry expressions of berry fruit and hints of blossom. Drink 2019-2027.”

25% off for BD11, $58.50, normally $78

****Offer 3: 3pk: Chard/Mourvèdre/Mystery!, 25% off

One of each of my 2016 Chard (92 PDWR) and Mourvèdre (94 PDWR), descriptions above, and a surprise bottle from my line up!

25% off, $66, normally ~$88

****Offer 4: 6pk, 2 each Chard/Mourvèdre/Mystery! 35% off!

Two of each of my 2016 Chard (92 PDWR) and Mourvèdre (94 PDWR), descriptions above, and two surprise bottles from my line up!

35+% off, $132, normally $176
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 5.22.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 5.10.39 PM.png
2020-01-22 at 5.10.39 PM.png[/attachment]

Sooo…can that “mystery” be some Sherry?? I need more Sherry in my life and Metrick wines too!

+1

Buy with confidence, folks . . .

Finally, this one is posted. Been waiting on it for awhile and has cost me about 2 cases in extra purchases waiting for it!!! in for 3x chard 3 packs and a mourvedre vertical! Thanks for doing another offer this year, Alex.

Back to the top for this incredible producer. Cheers Alex!

Alex, what are your drinking window recommendations for these?