Halcon Estate Rhone Pack - EXTENDED THRU FRI 1/31

Our tenth Berserkers Day offering and this year, we are offering samplers of our 2018 estate Rhones plus a little 2016 Pinot. 2018 is a very special year with incredibly long hang-time but slightly lower alcohols and great acids. Our Syrah was harvested on October 20th, 38 days after full veraison. For comparison, the previous four vintages had full veraison-to-harvest times of 18-22 days.

1. Pinots SOLD OUT

2. An all-Estate Rhone six-pack - two 2018 Alturas Syrah, two 2018 Esquisto Grenache blend, one 2018 Mourvedre and one 2018 Elevacion Syrah.

• Elevacion is a cuvee of 100% Chave clone Syrah, fermented with 100% whole-cluster and aged in neutral French oak puncheons.This vintage comes in at 13.3%. Full of savory goodness! Like the Alturas, full of energy.
  • The Mourvedre is 50% whole-cluster, aged in neutral oak and with just 100 cases bottled. It has a close resemblance to the 2017 vintage, with the same soaring peppery, floral aromatics but with more depth and richness. A singular wine from the coolest planting of Mourvèdre in the world! 12.8%
  • Esquisto is a blend of 60% Grenache, 20% Mourvedre and 20% Syrah. Picked November 1st, it also benefited from the extended hang-time. Peppery, earthy, bright red fruits.
  • The Alturas has lots of bright red and blue fruits but also plenty of savory characteristics, a hypothetical blending of 2014 and 2016 vintages with a strong cool-climate character. I am most struck by the vibrancy and energy on the palate. A pure reflection of the Halcón terroir and will rival the 2016 as best Alturas ever.

The all-Estate Rhone six-pack is $168 + shipping (see costs below, delivery free in the Bay Area) + sales tax where applicable.

1. Combine any two of the above six-packs and receive a 5% case discount.

Please email us your order to info@halconvineyards.com (please include a number where we can reach you for credit card details). Shipping costs are:
AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, WA, WY: 6 btls $18, 12 btls $30
Rest of US: 6 btls $24, 12 btls $42
We can ship to all states except NH, UT, MS, AL, VT, KY.

No Brainer. In for mixed Rhone pack

Thanks Sean.

Paul

Order in for one of each 6 pack! I buy Halcon annually during BD.

Thanks for your support Alex!

Paul

I’ve said it multiple times on WB but Halcon Alturas is among my top 3 domestic Syrahs, and can easily be mistaken for Northern Rhone, blind, as proven by a dinner at Frank Murray’s last year when quite a few experienced Northern Rhone lovers were tricked.

Order in for a Rhone 6 pack, great wines.

Thanks so much Chris.

Paul

In for a Rhone 6-pack.

Great wines!

Thanks Mike and Joe!

Paul

Halcon gets my highest recommendation, in the very top tier of California Syrahs for lovers of true Norther Rhone. Hopefully it’s OK to link back to this tasting last year, where the Halcon Syrah fooled all of us into thinking it was a high quality Rhone.

All Estate Rhone Pack for me please - email sent

Rhone sixer

Thanks Alan, Brig and Joe.

Paul

Rhone pack ordered. Thanks Paul! Your wines are delicious!

Thanks so much Abbie.

Paul

Paul — Emailed for the Rhône pack. Let me know if you need me to resend my info.

I opened the ‘17 Elevacion Syrah recently—awesome bottle especially after 24 hours. Can’t wait to see how this ages.

Got your order Jeff. Good news on the Elevacion.

Pail

I’m in for one of each as well, its my first BD so very excited about emptying my bank account!