Thomas Fogarty Winery Since 1978 – Club Member & Industry Discounts For BD11

We are Thomas Fogarty Winery, in the Santa Cruz Mountains, and we’re delighted to participate in our first Berserkers Day!

Owned and operated by the Fogarty family for over 40 years, we are very proud of our history, but have never been more confident in our wines than we are today.

Chardonnay 3-pack
BD Price: $110 (Retail: $162) ground shipping included
https://shop.fogartywinery.com/product/Chardonnay-Pack
2015 Santa Cruz Mountains Estate Chardonnay (93pts, Jeb Dunnuck)
2016 Langley Hill Vineyard Chardonnay (94pts, Wine Enthusiast)
2016 Damiana Vineyard Chardonnay (95pts, Jeb Dunnuck)

Pinot Noir 3-pack
BD Price: $125 (Retail: $182) ground shipping included
https://shop.fogartywinery.com/product/Pinot-Noir-Pack
2014 Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir (90pts, Wine Advocate)
2014 Will’s Cabin Vineyard Pinot Noir (93pts, Vinous Media)
2014 Rapley Trail Vineyard Pinot Noir (94pts, Vinous Media)

Case price special (12 btls) of:
2014 Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir
https://shop.fogartywinery.com/product/2014-Santa-Cruz-Mountains-Pinot-Noir
BD Price: $312 (Retail: $456) ground shipping included
(Coupon Code: case)

20% Club Member Discount in online store for BD (excluding packs & case special)
(coupon code: bd11)
https://shop.fogartywinery.com/Wines/All-Wines
Ground shipping included on purchases over $110

States Where We Ship: AZ, AK, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IA, IL, MA, MD, MT, MN, MO, MT, NB, NC, NV, NH, NM, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY

For more information on the wines or questions:
e-mail: ali@fogartywinery.com
Call: 831.601.4471
or write a comment here

Vineyard Information:

Langley Hill Vineyard: Langley Hill is our largest plot of Estate Chardonnay. It occupies a steep hillside, offering numerous exposures and soil depths. This complex arrangement leads to multiple picks often spread over weeks, rather than days. Langley Hill’s is often both the first and last of our Chardonnays to be picked. The vineyard’s fractured sandstone over Lambert shale yields Chardonnay that is steely and structured with persistent citrus and mineral flavors.

Damiana Vineyard: Our oldest vineyard, planted in 1978, often produces our densest and most opulent Chardonnay. It’s exposure is primarily southwestern, which can mean more sun during the growing season; though this site is heavily influenced by a maritime breeze most afternoons. Shallow topsoil of fractured Lambert shale and mudstone limit vigor and lead to wines with great concentration and intensity.

Will’s Cabin Vineyard: The Will’s Cabin Estate Vineyard lies some 20 miles south of the winery at elevations reaching over 2300 ft. The north-west facing ridge is heavily fractured Vacqueros sandstone with steep slopes and awesome exposure. A mere 14 miles separates the vineyard and ocean, though it often basks in morning sun as it sits above the morning fog. This is an earlier ripening vineyard that produces wines that are seriously structured with a wild, mountain character that continues to impress us.

Rapley Trail Vineyard: The Rapley Trail Vineyard (avg. elev. 1650 ft.) was planted in 1981, consisting of six contiguous acres of Pinot Noir vines on our Estate’s rugged southeastern slopes. It has long been the backbone of our past “Estate Reserve” Pinot Noir; beginning in 2002 we beganto bottle portions of the vineyard separately. This “deconstruction” displays the unique aspects and interactions of soil and climate that accounts for grapes whose flavor is a direct product of where they are grown; this is terroir. The Rapley Trail Vineyard bottling is comprised of the various lots harvested from the vineyard, which in some years can be picked in as many as 7 passes.

We used to live in San Jose and know this winery. Very nice wines.
Looking forward to tomorrow to pick up a case.

If we are in a State that is not on your list - say, for example, the great State of New Jersey - are there other options for shipment?

Thank you.

I apologize, we are only compliant to ship to the States listed.

Thank you.

bummer - thank you for the prompt response.

Thanks for all the kind words, we’re excited to be apart of bd11!
If you have any questions please let me know.

Just placed an order for the Pinot Noir 3-pack. Thanks!

[dance-clap.gif] Thanks Rickie, I hope you enjoy!!

In for a PN 3-pack earlier today!

[thankyou.gif] Thanks Chris!

These are very nice wines. I attended a wedding at their winery which was beautiful. Unfortunately they don’t ship to my state.

As soon as this popped up we got a case.
It’s so hard to find Santa Cruz Pinots outside of the area and especially at a decent price.
I’m hoping these are as good as I remember !!!

Does anyone have drink window recommendations for the chards? I picked up 3 of each and definitely planned to open one of each this year but curious about the rest. CT is no help on this.

Tom,

Id say the 2015 Estate Chard could use another year or two, but is in a pretty good place today. The 2015 vintage is a bit of an outlier, featuring the highest alcohols and acidities we’ve ever seen - under 0.5 tons/acre makes for some freaky concentration!

The 2016 Langely Hill and Damiana are still pretty infantile. I usually like our Chards at around 5-7 years of age, though they certainly develop over a much longer window.

Pinot Pack arrived today! Thanks for the fastest of shipping. We look forward to enjoying the wines. See you @ WOPN!

Stan

Stan -

Please say hello at WOPN - enjoy!

My package also arrived today. Talk about instant gratification!

Yup. Mine arrived today. Shocked

Did anyone get tracking info or did the order just show up unexpectedly?

I got tracking info in an email from Ali. Mine is due tomorrow