BIG BASIN VINEYARDS: Minimal Intervention Wines from the Santa Cruz and Gabilan Mountains

We are so excited to be a part of Berserker Day again this year! In our past 8 years of participating, we have grown to love our Wine Berserker friends and we have been eagerly brainstorming offers for you all. We’ve put together six different bundles that we think give a well-rounded sense of what Big Basin Vineyards offers.

Now, to the deals!

**All the bundles represent a 25% savings on the value of the wines (our special club member case discount).
Shipping is flat rate: $10 for 1 pack, $5 for two packs and complimentary if you buy 3+ packs

Email me to place an order.
ruthie@bigbasinvineyards.com

[cheers.gif] Cheers!

Syrah Sampler $119 ($39 savings)
2015 Rattlesnake Rock Syrah (Estate)
2015 Sixty-Two Terraces Syrah (Estate)
2015 Coastview Vineyard Syrah

Syrah was the first varietal to be planted at our estate vineyard and although we have branched out since then, we will always be fanatical about it. Inspired by visits to some of our favorite N. Rhone producers, we have been evolving the style to include more whole cluster (2019 was 100%) and no new oak. Our estate vineyard is CCOF Certified Organic and Coastview is practicing organic. 2015 was an incredibly low yielding vintage overall, and that coupled with these already low-yielding vineyards produced a very small batch of powerful and concentrated wines.

Library Syrah 2013 Horizontal $133 ($44 savings)
2013 Coastview Vineyard Syrah
2013 Old Corral Syrah (Estate)
2013 Rattlesnake Rock Syrah (Estate)

Not all of us have the patience to put a wine away for proper aging, so it’s a good thing we did it for you! 2013 has been a favorite vintage of ours, with the Syrah showing a rich and brooding character with plenty of savory spice.

Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir Sampler $135 ($45 savings)
2016 Old Corral Pinot Noir (Estate)
2016 Lester Family Vineyard Pinot Noir
2017 Alfaro Family Vineyard Pinot Noir

The Santa Cruz Mountains is becoming the place to look for Old-World style California Pinot Noir. From the cool, ocean influences of Monterey Bay, to the steep mountain hillsides, these vineyards consistently produce Pinot with verve and finesse. All of these were 100% whole cluster native fermentations. Put them in a blind line up with some Old World Pinot and see what happens!

Gabilan Mountains Sampler $133 ($44 savings)
2014 Gabilan Mountains GSM
2016 Altitude 2292 Bordeaux Blend
2016 Coastview Vineyard Grenache

The Gabilan Mountains with their decomposed granite and limestone soils along with the cooling influence of Monterey Bay and high elevation vineyards is one of the most extraordinary wine growing regions in California. It was first pioneered by those planting Pinot and Chardonnay, but we think these Rhone and Bordeaux varieties are even more perfectly suited.

Intro Sampler $75 ($25 savings)
2018 Dune and Mountain Pinot Noir
2016 Homestead
2017 Santa Cruz Mountains Syrah

For those of you who might be new to Big Basin and just looking to see what the fuss is about, here is a selection of some of our most popular value wines. Don’t let broader AVA status fool you, these wines are sourced from meticulously selected vineyards (including our estate), hand-picked and made the same way our single vineyard offerings are made.

Chardonnay Sampler $72 ($24 savings)
2017 Howard Family Vineyard Chardonnay
2017 Coastview Vineyard Chardonnay

Are you looking for mineral driven Chardonnay that purely represents the vineyard with verve (great acidity!) and complexity? These two examples fit the bill. The Howard hails from a 40+ year old Wente selection vineyard in the foggy Corralitos hills, while the Coastview is from steep terraces at 2200 ft in decomposed granite and limestone. Mostly neutral oak and finishing in stainless steel, gives these wines the transparency of site that we are always striving for.

****Email me with any questions or to place an order.
ruthie@bigbasinvineyards.com

ORDERS WILL SHIP UPON YOUR REQUEST WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
For orders going to AZ, CT, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, NJ, NM, OH, PA, TN, WV, WI, WY, VT, DE, NH- shipping will occur the first week of May.
No shipping to AL, NH, SD, RI, OK, ND, NE, MT, LA, UT, MS, KY, AR

email sent, thanks!

Awesome, Jonathan! Thanks and hope you enjoy!

Thanks Ruthie for the offer!

Jeff

Thank you, Jeff! Hope you enjoy!

e-mail sent. Thanks for the great offer.

interesting options! email sent.

Thanks everyone! If you have any specific questions, post them here so I can answer to the benefit of everyone. Happy Berserker Day!

Can I pick these up at the Saratoga tasting room?

Absolutely, Sean. When you email me your order, just request to pick them up.