Bryan Flannery in OC - July 23 - (PAYMENT DUE 6-15-16)

Ok, changing the OP to reflect the new reality - Bryan Flannery (and his daughter Katie) are coming to town expressly to share some special cuts of meat with Berserkers (seriously, this was Katie’s idea!). I’ve offered to host in our new home, as it’s pretty spacious, and I imagine we’ll be grilling throughout the afternoon/evening, no rush, no big deal. I’ll put more details here when I can, but likely the only things to bring are your appetite and wine (and probably stemware, as I have enough, but not all of it is the good stuff).

July 23, time TBD, likely afternoon. No need to get super specific on who is coming yet, as we have quite a long time until the event, just mark your calendars accordingly! Most likely capping at 40 - waitlist imminent, but also spots opening up are imminent

So far, I have 40:

Bryan and Katie Flannery NO CHARGE
Todd and Jen PAID
Eric Ifune PAID
JKim +1 PAID
Mike and Dana PAID
Brian Bohr PAID
Scott Watkins +1 PAID
Steve Nordhoff +1 PAID
Bruce L PAID
Bob Hoelting PAID
Diana Gelb +1 PAID
Lisa Love PAID
Nancy and Sal PAID
Brian Cotriel +1 PAID
Adam Lakritz +1 PAID
Fred O. PAID
Jim Salvito and Perry Norton PAID
Mark and Brad PAID
Andrew and Sabha PAID
Eric Michels +1 PAID
Josh Pictl +1 PAID
Rob and Francine PAID
Veronica Castro PAID
Patrick M PAID
Bruce Weimer +1 PAID

Wait list:

Andrew Kaufmann +1
Steve Anderson +1
Sheila Fruman
Adam G

What a funky coincidence, I was just talking about this last night with Weinberg about getting Bryan down to socal.

I don’t think you want too many people unless your house has the capacity for space to cook/feed X amount of people. Another possibility is to pre-roast all the steaks (250f 25-30 minutes) way beforehand that day and then toss them onto the grill when ready to serve. That would eliminate the need for space as much on the grill.

We did a BerserkerFest at Napa Valley Wine and Cigar a ‘few’ years back (what, 7? 8?) one one gas grill, about 40-50 people. It can be done, young padawan.

Again, though, I’m open to options, plus, we can cap it at any number, which might happen anyway. Having it at a public venue is difficult, and brings expenses into the equation, which works to our disadvantage. My house has seating for 25 or so, inside and outside, and that’s if everybody sits. Were you at my house for the BerserkerFest about 6 years ago, with the Cabots, Steve Saxon, Philip Robert, etc? There’s far more space than that one, and I think we had 40-50 people there for that one.

We had multiple grills for that berserkerfest where you and wetrock wore matching cargo shorts. I see at least two in photos I took. Maybe there were 3 total.

10-4, and we had matching shirts, too, don’t forget!!

Falltacular has about 100 people, one grill, btw. Not everyone has to sit down and eat at the same time. I think a solid hour on the grill, various meats at various times, is perfect.

I might be willing to fly out and make plans months in advance! Mid-July/Aug is best.

No better housewarming party than a FlanneryFest. [thumbs-up.gif]
Perhaps Frank would let you use his plates and utensils from Falltacular. Much better than paper and plastic, especially for standing. If it gets a little big, bring in the Falltacular cleanup crew for a few hours (pending price check). Those 2 do a bang up job and your place stays clean.

September time frame maybe since summer time in so cal is mucho hot no?

No. Coastal socal is hotter in September/October than July/August…inland, different story

you actually gonna come either way? [snort.gif]

I love the idea and will join if available. We are grilling a Flannery “Jorge” cut tomorrow night.

We would love to attend…Renewed my OC passport just in time! neener

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Unless there ends up being some schedule conflict, I’ll attend. We do have a family week schedule in mid- to late-August.

Bruce

We would love to attend, date depending of course .

We are in for sure and love the idea…very generous of Todd to offer up your place for this.

Quite interested. Been awhile since I attended a WB event.

Cool - I’m going to find a date with the boss and put this on the books

Sounds like a great idea, Todd.

My summer Socal trip is going to be based on my friend’s traveling availability, and I won’t know what we can do until the end of April or so. I will do my best to try and schedule around the date you pick.

We’d be interested, depends on the date, however…