NYC Berserkerfest - California Cab table 5/28/16

Table Theme:

California Cabernets 2007 - 2013

Sub-theme - Woman Winemakers from California.
Sub-Sub theme - Cali cabs that don’t suck.

So far:

Dan Hammer 2007 EMH Black Cat Merrill Lindquist.
Jay and Rebecca 1990 Heitz Martha’s and 2006 Paradigm made by Heidi Barrett.
Maire and Paul 2008 Corra from Celia Welch and a 2007 Checkerboard from Martha McClellan
C Prince and Allen 2008 Maybach Materium, 2010 Antica Terra Botanica Pinot Noir and 2014 Walter Scott Vojtilla.
David and Caroline L

Will drop by to say hi to all the new Berserkers:
Todd

Jay and Rebecca.

For your Sub-main theme, I have Paradigm (Heidi Barrett) and Scarecrow (Celia Welch).

If others of you are crazy enough to match the Scarecrow, I’ll bring it!

If the sub-sub theme is independent of the date parameters, then I can bring a 1990 Heitz Martha’s just to prove that Cali wines will age.

Perfect.

Hey there…room at the table for moi???

Put me down!

I’ll definitely be roaming over there for a taste if one is available!

hmmm…what to bring to impress Todd, maybe some Todd wine?

Forget Todd. I’d worry about impressing Jenn. [wink.gif]

One month to go.

Still a few seats left. If you’re lucky, there may be talk of miles and points.

If there is still room my husband and I would love to attend. I am an active lurker here not too much of a poster. Would plan on bring a 2008 Corra from Celia Welch and a 2007 Checkerboard from Martha McClellan

I’ll add you + 1 and your wine to the list. We’re a very welcoming group. [cheers.gif]

The lineup of wines are looking good. A few seats left at our table.

Dan

Sorry I won’t be there, but please report back on Corra (and EMH). Had the corra '04 before, and the corra '14 (the white blend). Have '05 and '06 saved for the future

Dan,

Please add me and Allen Russell to the table. Wines TBD - deciding on one of the Rivers-Marie cabs and a Cali woman winemaker. Don’t want to make any hasty decisions. [whistle.gif]

Just added you to the OP. [cheers.gif]
Room for 2 more.

Hmmm. If we’re talking about infanticide, the question presented is would PDH burst into flames if I open a 2013 Scarecrow, or should I save that for Sunday at my house?

Save it for Sunday. We can sit around the pool and wait with anticipation to see if there’s another accident. neener

Sorry Gents, but I cannot make it Saturday night, just found out that my son will be with me that weekend, and not sure that the beserkerfest is appropriate for a seven year old…

Mike, your son would be the oldest and smartest person in the room. [wink.gif]

3 seats left.

Ok, not sure my Rivers-Marie cabs are in a good drinking window so we’re going to bring a 2008 Maybach Materium and a 2010 Antica Terra Botanica Pinot Noir (which broadly [bye2.gif] classifies as a Cali woman winemaker wine because Maggie Harrison started her winemaking career in CA)

Funny thing. I brought the Maybach to Berserkerfest at Barbetta in NYC in the fall of 2011. Now I get a chance to see how it’s coming along before I open my last bottle. [cheers.gif]