TICKETS: "Farm-to-Table" Pig Roast - Santa Ynez BerserkerFest! SOLD OUT

THIS EVENT WAS FEATURED ON THE AUCTIONS OF BERSERKERDAY AND IS NOW IN OFFLINE PLANNER, WAITLIST STARTED

PAYMENTS FOR TICKETS ARE DUE BY JULY 1, 2017 - IF NOT RECEIVED BY JUNE 1, YOUR PLACE ON THE LIST WILL BE GIVEN TO THE NEXT IN LINE, AND YOURS WILL BE PUT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WAITLIST FOR A 2ND CHANCE. NO REFUNDS ON THIS - IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT, SELL YOUR TICKET TO SOMEONE (NEXT) IN LINE.
Payment will be made via PayPal, $75 per person attending, and please use ‘friends and family’ option as it reduces fees. Send to todd @ wineberserkers.com (only without the spaces) and please note on the transfer exactly how many tickets they are for, and what the attendees’ names are.

Organizers: Peter Cargasacchi, Terence T-Bone Livingston and John Tomasso (and other assorted riff raff)
Tickets: $75 (not an auction)
Date: August 4th & 5th 2017
Location: Peter’s vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills, Santa Ynez Valley
Capacity: 40 people (Waitlist started - a few of the characters count as ‘staff’ or ‘the help’ so they don’t count, but we’re at 40!)

Itinerary: (all events below will be held at Cargasacchi Vineyard - 4000 Sweeney Road, Lompoc CA)

Friday August 4th: (optional for those who like to attend)
Harvest the hog in the afternoon
Dry rub and inject it that evening and ice it.
Grill some pork and make tacos for dinner, have a bonfire.

Saturday August 5th:
8am we will put the hog in the pit
830am Big breakfast prepared over the fire
Hang out while we smoke the hog for 10 hours and prep side dishes. Or people can come for breakfast and then go wine tasting in the valley
6pm Dinner is served and the party begins

more information/events will be posted as they are created!

ATTENDING (pending payment confirmation)
Peter Cargasacchi HOST
John Tomasso HOST

Larry Schaffer +1
Terence T-Bone Livingston HOST
Brig Campbell COMPED
Christine Campbell COMPED
Todd French PAID
Jen French PAID

Mike StoneColdKing +1 PAID
George Chadwick +1 PAID
Scott Watkins+1 PAID
Peter Simpson +1 PAID
Steve Williams PAID
Jim Salvito PAID
Perry Norton PAID

Kurt Beitler +1 PAID
Chris Freemott +1 PAID
Michael Bowden PAID
Richard B +1 PAID
Brian Bohr +1 PAID
Joseph Schenck +1 PAID
Rob Winn PAID
Francine Haight PAID
Diana Gelb +1 PAID
Tyler Berry +1 PAID
Cris Whetstone PAID
Bruce Leiserowitz PAID
Neil Barber +1 PAID
Robin Stark PAID
Phil Carpenter +1

Unpaid: (4 spots remaining)

Adam G +1
Tara Rowland +2
Lisa McKinnon +1

Note: This is the next iteration of the Santa Barbara area BerserkerFest!!! - unannounced to the general public and you have access to discounted tickets. Save 25% before it’s posted on the Offline Forum. Proceeds support Wineberserkers.

Interested in purchasing tickets? Just post the requested number of tickets in this thread or email todd@wineberserkers.com You’ll be contacted for payment options MUCH later, but well before the event, so we can open it up to others who might end up on a waitlist. I’ll cap this today at 45 or so, assuming we’ll have some fall-off.

How about a different kind of adventure the next time you’re in Santa Ynez Valley wine country? Take a break from tasting all those fantastic wines and have Peter be your culinary guide to his vision for Farm-to-Table fine dinning with a Pig Roast Weekend. You’ll be joined by some of the valley’s finest winemakers and growers.

Here are a few details for the event which is limited to first 40 people. People can arrive at any time during the process.

Friday August 4th

• Harvest the hog in the afternoon
  • Dry rub and inject it that evening and ice it.
  • Grill some pork and make tacos for dinner, have a bonfire.

Saturday August 5th

• 8am we will put the hog in the pit
  • 830am Big breakfast prepared over the fire
  • Hang out while we smoke the hog for 10 hours and prep side dishes. Or people can come for breakfast and then go wine tasting in the valley
  • 6pm Dinner is served and the party begins

You can participate in any phase but the Pig is committed to all facets;

1. Harvest deadhorse

2. Clean and butcher [berserker.gif]

3. Prep and roasting, perhaps through the night? [stirthepothal.gif]

4. Eat drink and be merry [drinkers.gif]

*** BYOB ***

****The guest of honor, the pig. It’s a heritage breed, Red Wattle.
photo.jpg

This is the only auction item that will turn into an Offline!

I think we should put the participants right here on the thread, so Brig and I will try to keep it updated…

In for 4 tickets!! WooHoo, SYV Berserkerfest!!!

Damn STRAIGHT we expect you and Dana there, bitches!

two tix please

Saturday is the main event. We will put the pig into the transmogrifier at 8 am then make breakfast USING ONLY thermal energy, ferrous metal and farm products. Folks can go wine tasting in the valley, or, frolic and detour taking turns guarding the pig, playing bocce & horse shoes, and carnal cuddling with carnitas. Hopefully the transformation into food will have occurred by 6 pm and we will thereafter put the pig into our bellies.

***On Friday afternoon, those carnivores who would like to participate in gently and humanely transforming a living farm animal into its intended purpose, can participate in harvesting and preparing the pig for Saturday. Which will be followed with making tortillas by hand and dinner, and a fire. You can also come just for dinner Friday, which will probably be around 7 pm.

On Sunday, those still able, can regroup to cook breakfast, search for bodies missing from the preceding day, and/or settle any bocce or horse shoe vendettas.

Where is the event actually held?

Are you making Morcilla??? [snort.gif]

Man, I so want to do this. Is anyone willing to convert my vegetarian wife over the summer?

This…this sounds vaguely familiar on the Carg Compound.

At the vineyard in Sta. Rita Hills, between Lompoc and Buellton. I’ll post a list of hotels later if folks need them. I’d suggest staying in Lompoc for ease of taxi use/sharing.

Peter!

We’ll be in Cali July 20-Aug 17 but we haven’t even started the sched yet. PLEASE put us on the stand-by list…if such a thing. :smiley:

Roast pig…hell yes in for 2!

Yes, in for two!

Me two!

Put me down for 2

So bummed we’ll be in NYC or my wife and I would definitely attend. Enjoy!

I’ll commit to this. One please.

Please sign me up with a +1!

So close to bottling and harvest prep otherwise I would be in.