Falltacular 2018--Saturday, 2/17/2018 @ My Place In The OC

As Fall arrives, so does the planning start for Falltacular. Last year we celebrated our 11th year and raised just over $30,000. This was a fantastic result, given that I made a conscious decision to reduce attendance from 2016. So while the event continues to grow in popularity and reputation, and while I could expand it to 200 people, perhaps more, this is not what I want for the event. Instead, my intent is to keep attendance at 150, to allow all of you that have grown the event with me to enjoy it in a more comfortable space. So, think of 2018 to be a lot like 2017–we’re not going to break something that doesn’t need breaking.

As with the many years I have posted here to get things kicked off, I offer this first post to set the stage, as I know some of you will be attending or maybe will make this your first year. As with all past years, there is an FAQ, which can be found using the Dropbox link below. And using this same link, you will see a few of last year’s documents, which I will update in a few weeks time. For now though, they still give everyone the right perspective and view into what the event is, how it works, etc. Dropbox - Falltacular - Simplify your life

And you may recall last year I also added our own Facebook page called OCFalltacular. It’s where you can see photos from past years and interact in another platform if that is what you prefer. I will again use the Facebook page to incorporate the same messaging and event updates that you will find here on Wine Berserkers. Not everyone uses or visits both sites so you may use either (or both) to interact about the event and post things for others to see, and to obtain event info as we draw closer. OCFalltacular | Facebook

Thank you all for the many years of support, and to Todd, for this forum, as it has been the driver of the event’s success and we march on together for another year! Love you, Frenchie. flirtysmile

PS–yes, we will do the annual Friday BYOB pre-event dinner, with the location TBD. We do not require you to attend the main Saturday event if you only wish to attend the Friday dinner.

Thanks once again to you and Dr. Missus for doing this, Frank. El Muchacho Con Sueter intends to attend once again.

Mother Nature willing! Calendar marked airfare checked.

Who’s in charge of scheduling appropriate weather this year? Looking forward to it no matter what tho!

I do hope we can avoid a weather storm this time. While the tent worked well enough last year to afford us all the usual space outside, we had a # of good people who wanted to attend that got stuck at various airports around the US. Was horrible to watch that happen, so we will hold good thoughts for the weekend.

The links are now updated in my original post above, we’re off and running.

For any of the winemaker community who may be reading this, I am cool if you want to email me about your pouring/auction commitments if you want to send them along earlier than usual. I will be emailing all of you in a few weeks formally, as I do every year.

Thank you everyone.

Check sent for Gale and I. Looking forward to another wonderful event.

Count me in for golf.

Silk

Silk, you are a good man for making the trip down all the way for Northern Oregon. You’re also mailing your check a wee bit early, as it’s not time yet. I’d never, ever call you a cheater, but a good anticipator…well, yes.

Folks, no checks yet please. Laura’s House isn’t on the clock yet to receive them. Soon.

First auction item donation from the Dr’s Fick. A giant champagne cork end table. Very cool. No wine cellar should be without.

I’ll drop it off this weekend, it’s taking up a parking spot in the garage. LOL.
IMG_20171114_143919.jpg

Brigger, remind me again…what did we say we would open the bid for on this? Tell me and I will add to the Falltac file.

Lowest price online is $179 without shipping.

Let’s start it at $75 and I am certain we’ll see the bids float close to full value or more. I’ll list it next time I update the file.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I have now begun updating all the event info via the spreadsheet I maintain on Dropbox. It displays all the committed wines, silent auction items, volunteer schedule and guest payments received. Simply visit Post #1 above and you can click the link to have the file (it is safe, no garbage) be opened.

OK, it’s time to send your checks. Here are the details–please review these before you mail in:

1. $85 minimum donation, with my invitation that you round up to $100 per person, a small but helpful difference to Laura’s House. For assurance too, I will NOT be posting who donates what amount, only that your check has been received and you’re confirmed. The amount you write is both appreciated and kept private to me.

2. You may mail a check for up to 2 people total. So, if you are coming solo and want to bring a new person, do it. Or, you attend as usual with a spouse or friend, write it for 2. All new people to the event will be contacted by me, my policy is I know everyone who attends.

3. Your check must be made out to Laura’s House and mailed to the following address. You can convey mail your check however you like–USPS, drive it over, overnight, etc. On your check, in the memo section, put your phone # so if we have to phone you (say you’re new to the event or the wait list has begun), we can reach you.

Falltacular 2018
C/o Laura’s House
999 Corporate Drive, Suite #225
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
949-361-3775

1. Total attendance. Cap again this year is 150 people–this includes everyone who will be in the house so I encourage you to handle your check timely. Once we reach the collective attendance goal, I will start a wait list. We would then contact the check mailer (you!) and ask if you want to be wait listed or have your check mailed back.

That’s it. Thank you.

Check is in the mail.

Going out FedEx on Friday.

Check is in the mail…looking forward to another great event!

OK – check has been mailed.
This year we are coming out either the Tuesday or Wednesday prior so we don’t get “stuck in Denver” again!

I think JoAnn is knitting something special for the auction.

Check sent!

Thank you all for the many years of support. You and the winery group make all of this possible–happy holidays.

Check in the mail!

Love you, too, Frankie, and love what you do

In the mail (or as “in the mail” as something can be on Sunday…).