Falltacular BYOB Friday Night Kick-off Dinner--2/16/18 @ 6PM

Keeping the tradition going, we’ll have our usual Friday night BYOB kick-off dinner. This year, we are making some important and key changes, so please be sure you read below.

First, we are adding a special glass, etched and made especially for Friday, to be handed out when you arrive to the restaurant. You can then be assured of a terrific stem for your wines. We want to thank Neudesic and Mark Jones for supplying the custom glass for the night. We will ask each dinner attendee to donate $10 in exchange for the glass, with this $10 being donated directly to Laura’s House. With an expected group size of about $80 guests for the dinner, we will raise another $800 for the charity. The $10 is factored into the total cost, which I explain below.

Next, we will be moving the dinner to Sol Agave in San Juan Capistrano. For those of you who attended Falltacular in past years, you remember the Best Western off the 5 Freeway. Well, Sol Agave is 2 mins from there, just up Rancho Viejo Road that runs alongside the 5. Like Falltacular, Sol Agave started small a few years ago, with just 8 tables and a plan to use their orginal location as a place to help create food and staging for their food trucks, and earn a little money through the seated format to pay the building rent. What they found was when people discovered their food quality and elevated cuisine, they blew up in popularity, which led them to expand across the parking lot into what is a 300+ capacity restaurant. Jill and I know the food, it is excellent and the space is big enough for the 80 of us. We look forward to them being our partner for this year, and know you will find it as good as we do. We will need to increase the cost to $60 per person this year to cover the change of venue, and when added with the $10 for the glass, the total per person is now $70. I recogniz this is an increase from 2017, and I respect and appreciate your understanding.

Finally, I have made the decision to avoid the chaos this year of trying to collect cash from all of you at evening’s end to close the Friday dinner check. Instead, I am asking everyone that attends (and that means the wait list is now confirmed as in) to pay me in advance. You can pay me the $70 per person in one of two ways:

PayPal me the funds to my account, which is drfm3@cox.net, or mail me a paper check made payable to Frank Murray III, $70 total per person to the following address:

Dr Jill Murray c/o Friday Dinner
28281 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite 225
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

I will keep track of the funds I receive and note that to the Event file for those who want to confirm I received their funds. NOTE–none of this $70 is for my profit. $60 pays for the meal, the other $10 goes to Laura’s House directly, with a single donation from me once the weekend is over.

There will be no corkage so you can BYOB and as many bottles as you like. This is a core tradition of the dinner.

Time–6PM
Location–Sol Agave Restaurant @ 31111 Rancho Viejo Rd, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

Questions? Let me know. Again, pre-aid attendance is required. If you change your mind at this stage, I understand and you simply don’t need to send any funds.

Frank - can I RSVP for 7

• me
  • Robert Berry
  • Rob and Beth Bastuba
  • Brandon Bastuba and Sandy Falk
  • Megan Bastuba

Thanks!
Paul

If this is where we officially RSVP, Sal and I are in for Friday night dinner.

Scott and Andrea are in…god only knows if I did the Facebook thing right :angry:

I believe you did. We will drive FMIII crazy by replying all over this here internet.

3 Caplan’s are IN

Thanks Nancy looking forward to seeing you and Sal. And my apologies to Frank!

Frenches - Todd and the attractive half.

Hi Frank. I replied on Facebook, but I want to add a +1 for Carolyn Stoops. We’ll be there for the Friday dinner.

Hey everyone. As of this morning (which includes both Wine Berserkers and Facebook), the dinner is now at 48 people attending. So, if you are planning to attend the Friday dinner, please post me here. I am working hard to get the location locked, as that helps me see if we have extra space beyond the 60 seats. For now, just keep posting if you are attending (and thank you for not giving me Maybe responses–just Yes if you are coming, and the amount of your guests).

We are very much looking forward to this year’s dinner.

RSVP for:
Mark Jones/Brad Maury (duplicated on Facebook)
Will Crawford + One
Dave Alles + One
Michael Brown/Susan Otto
Trish Vogel + One

RSVP for:
Jodi Schlessel
Larry & Lynda Thomas

Well, that was fast. We are officially starting a wait list, as we’re at 62 people now.

When I know about additional space, I promise to come back with those details. My hope is that the site I am looking at can float above the # we are used to.

Add Steve and Misuk to the waitlist. Thanks!

wow. waitlist for 4 please Frank

Me
Heather (friend from T.O.)
Bernie
Dave

thx

Mike

Mike, wow is right. The Friday dinner is really a staple now of the event and it locks down fast with interest. I continue to work with the restaurant and once I have clarity on additional space, I will see what we can do with those who have not been wait listed. I don’t care for the wait list idea and this premise of scarcity…I do though want to adhere to my commitment to not make the thing too crowded, this is my intent behind the lame wait list thing.

Keeping the tradition going, we’ll have our usual Friday night BYOB kick-off dinner. This year, we are making some important and key changes, so please be sure you read below.

First, we are adding a special glass, etched and made especially for Friday, to be handed out when you arrive to the restaurant. You can then be assured of a terrific stem for your wines. We want to thank Neudesic and Mark Jones for supplying the custom glass for the night. We will ask each dinner attendee to donate $10 in exchange for the glass, with this $10 being donated directly to Laura’s House. With an expected group size of about $80 guests for the dinner, we will raise another $800 for the charity. The $10 is factored into the total cost, which I explain below.

Next, we will be moving the dinner to Sol Agave in San Juan Capistrano. For those of you who attended Falltacular in past years, you remember the Best Western off the 5 Freeway. Well, Sol Agave is 2 mins from there, just up Rancho Viejo Road that runs alongside the 5. Like Falltacular, Sol Agave started small a few years ago, with just 8 tables and a plan to use their orginal location as a place to help create food and staging for their food trucks, and earn a little money through the seated format to pay the building rent. What they found was when people discovered their food quality and elevated cuisine, they blew up in popularity, which led them to expand across the parking lot into what is a 300+ capacity restaurant. Jill and I know the food, it is excellent and the space is big enough for the 80 of us. We look forward to them being our partner for this year, and know you will find it as good as we do. We will need to increase the cost to $60 per person this year to cover the change of venue, and when added with the $10 for the glass, the total per person is now $70. I recogniz this is an increase from 2017, and I respect and appreciate your understanding.

Finally, I have made the decision to avoid the chaos this year of trying to collect cash from all of you at evening’s end to close the Friday dinner check. Instead, I am asking everyone that attends (and that means the wait list is now confirmed as in) to pay me in advance. You can pay me the $70 per person in one of two ways:

PayPal me the funds to my account, which is drfm3@cox.net, or mail me a paper check made payable to Frank Murray III, $70 total per person to the following address:

Dr Jill Murray c/o Friday Dinner
28281 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite 225
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

I will keep track of the funds I receive and note that to the Event file for those who want to confirm I received their funds. NOTE–none of this $70 is for my profit. $60 pays for the meal, the other $10 goes to Laura’s House directly, with a single donation from me once the weekend is over.

There will be no corkage so you can BYOB and as many bottles as you like. This is a core tradition of the dinner.

Time–6PM
Location–Sol Agave Restaurant @ 31111 Rancho Viejo Rd, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

Questions? Let me know. Again, pre-aid attendance is required. If you change your mind at this stage, I understand and you simply don’t need to send any funds.

Folks - were going to have an awesome glass for Friday night, that will pair nicely with Saturday’s glass!

For those coming on Friday, please send your checks please or use the PayPal feature. I have collected about 60% of the payments and I will need to give the restaurant a deposit before EOM. The sooner we can close out the payment collection process, the better.

I will NOT be colleting money the night of the dinner so I need everything paid in advance.

We are 98% done with checks, thank you. I need a hand though…does anyone know ERIC and KIM WATSON? They are on the Friday list but I cannot figure out where their names came from and they have yet to pay. I am going to remove them from the dinner unless someone can give me a hand–please.

Thanks everyone.