New Jersey young professionals tasting group

Hello all!

My fianceé and I are budding wine enthusiasts in our late 20’s and call Union County, NJ home. Renovations to our 1920’s house are complete and we’re eager to accelerate our wine education and make some new friends by forming or joining a regular tasting group for young professionals/millennials in Central Jersey / metro NYC.

Both of us have been Dry Creek Valley enthusiasts for years, but are increasingly reading up on – and of course, tasting our way through – the Old World and believe a tasting group would be a smart way to defray costs and turn our passion for wine into a group activity. grouphug

If this appeals to you, please identify yourself in this thread or send me a DM.

Hopefully we can get something off the ground!

Luke + Chelsea

We are in your area, always up for off lines or tastings.

young professionals/millennials

Millennials- those born in the 80’s and 90’s [snort.gif]

young professionals/millennials

No BOOMERS allowed???

OK miss that target, but we have all the good wine champagne.gif

But he didn’t specify which Century! champagne.gif newhere

FIFY

Thanks, even better! Those of us who’ve been around awhile applaud you! [snort.gif] newhere

Poor guy. Probably intimidated by you more knowledge folk :wink:

Luke, whatever you do, don’t take us seriously. Just typical WB poking and jabbing, nothing personal intended.

Where are you at Luke? I’m in Westfield.

Indeed. Good luck with your group!

Typical millennial drive by … :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

how does one define ‘young’? and ‘professional’?
:wink:

Oh my, this is a fun crowd! You’ve made me see the error of my ways.

We’d love to meet the Union County-ers out there – age or professionalism be damned – and pop some corks. Any Garden Staters please make your presence known here or in my inbox and I’ll start work compiling a group email in the next few days.

Na zdrowie!

I grew up in Westfield, damnit!

I live in Boston now but sometimes I’m back visiting my parents still live there. Depending on when you have tasting group events I might join.

I work in Union so would mostly be available for weeknights

Old world theme sounds good

I’m in a Nebbiolo group in NYC that ranges from late 20s to early 70s. It’s a great group. Us old guys may be slow, but we have deep cellars and we know we’re not going to live long enough to drink it all. So we bring the good stuff, sometimes 2 or 3 bottles. The young guys bring good stuff too, but typically more recent vintages. We also have learned a thing or two, so it can be more educational.

We even give non-wine advice, like how to sleep at work when you have a new-born at home. :wink:

Luke,

My fiancé and I are in NYC and we have also been looking for a tasting group (all ages and professions [cheers.gif]). Like you, we are also newer-ish and looking to learn more. If you do put something together, I’m always interested in offline tastings.

-Kaitlyn

I am down in Hazlet but work in Short Hills. Will stay tuned.