Mike on Tour--California 2018--July 14, SF Dinner

Yes, I’m back for one night only! Any 'philes available to get together that evening? Let me know—Joel Galang has been a fantastic help in the past with organizing and choosing venue. Hope we can sip some vino, it may be a while before I make it back to one of my favourite cities.

Mike

I should be available.

And we don’t know anyone by the name “Joel Galant.”

I’m in; are +1s allowed?

drat, truly hate fading memory! Or maybe it was just my characterization of my friend which overwhelmed me :slight_smile:

Anyway, glad you’re likely free, Craig, and not busy building your sandcastle treehouse that evening.

Keep me in the loop! I can likely make it, but don’t know 100% yet.

Any tentative theme yet? I’ll start thinking about what to bring.

Would love to join if you accept new folks (to this group :wink:)

Mike, I will miss you this time due to a prior engagement!

As for themes, hm, July 14th is Bastille Day champagne.gif champagne.gif

Sorry to miss you this time, Cindy. Yao, I’d have no problem with +1 and would love to meet you, Andy. I think Joel is going to jump on the thread as well. I’d like to hold to 8 or 9 if we can and would be more than fine with French theme. :slight_smile: That would, of course, allow my Sauternes brother to bring something in that vein [grin.gif]

Mike

Mike,

This is what I have so far:

WHAT: Mike on Tour 2018 - SF edition

WHEN: Saturday, July 14 at 7pm

WHO: Attendees

1. Mike
  2. Craig G
  3. Yao C
  4. Yao C +1
  5. Ashish
  6. Andy K
  7. Joel
  8. Rich Frankel
  9. Leonard (could be interested)

VENUE: This was a tough one, July 14th is a Saturday and not a lot of restaurants take wine groups on weekends as they are pretty busy, those who are not so busy on a weekend might not be worth going to. With that said, I got in touch with our old “The Palace” buddies and this is what I got:

WHERE: Francisca’s
3047 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

CORKAGE: $25 per person - also feel free to bring your own glasses as stemware in the restaurant is so-so.

Please bring cash.

Francisca’s sounds good to me.

Out of curiosity, I see on their website a happy hour 4-course meal pricing for seatings at 5:30pm. I don’t know whether that applies on Saturdays (the website doesn’t say), but it’s a substantial discount off their regular 4 course meal pricing ($65). Since it’s a Saturday and I won’t be rushing from work, I don’t mind eating earlier for 50% off if people are up for it (and if it’s applicable on Saturdays).

Also don’t mind the original plan, if we don’t want to push our luck. It’s hard to get a place to accommodate a wine group on the weekends.

Either should be just fine with me—I’ll be lunching at Ed and Tim’s winery and will be otherwise in the city for the day. Joel, thanks so much again for taking organizing lead. If you can add Andy to our list, would be great. Richard Leland also mentioned maybehood—I will check back with him.

Mike

Works for me; I’m quite flexible as to time and place. Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Good guy, always does the right thing. But he hangs out with Billy Goofus and we don’t want to be like him.

Venue sounds good! Any ideas on the theme?

Please add me!

By that time, I should be able to provision anything that isn’t DRC or first-growth or cult. Don’t let that stop any of you guys from bringing one of those, though. I do enough bringing my charm and witty conversation!

I’ll probably bring some middle-aged Broad. Oh.

Damned auto-correct.

gets you every time, doesn’t it?

Just confirmed the reservation fro 9 people at Francisca’s. I was also able to negotiate corkage to $25 per person and not per bottle. Reservation is on July 14th at 7PM.