More tailgate fun. November 11, Jets versus Bills. NOW with photographic proof!

Photographic proof that we are the best!
tailgate (01002265x9F683).jpg
Menu - I am roasting a half of a NY strip. My brother in law has a portable pizza over that gets to 1000 degrees and make make buffalo chicken pizza or will just make something with Bison Meat. I am seriously considering a bottle of SQN or a Saxum or I could Pobega a Bionic Frog. which was just delivered today.

Assorted charcuterie and cheese . . . plus some good wine . . . FOR LUNCH. We get there by 10:30 am and food starts coming off the grill by 11 am. Wine gets poured as soon as we get there. Attendance has no real requirements except (i) Do not bring hot dogs and do not bring frozen hamburger patties; (ii) you are not required to bring food or wine but a good wine is always appreciated and raw things to throw on the grill are just fine; (iii) a pm to me in advance is a good plan so we can adjust our food and wine amounts. If you are a vegan, that’s OK, but either I need advance warning OR you have to bring your own food. We will be at or near Parking Lot Stanchion F8 (this is a new temporary location for this tailgate only because my brother in law is competing in a cooking competition at F8) and if you pm me your cell phone or email address, I can send you something with the exact location when we set up.

Creative cooking on a grill is always appreciated. There’s always the “Men behaving badly when there are no women there” tailgate in which we set up a deep fryer for French Fries, and then someone brought batter for deep fried Oreos, and then we decided to batter and fry everything we had. Ever have deep fried batter dipped pastrami? Great pairing with zinfandel.

flirtysmile If I were closer!

The porterhouse from this week, with hamburgers stuffed with Mexican frying cheese on the grill behind me.

Meat.jpg
Note the latex gloves - we always follow food safety rules, including the five second rule.

You might have more fun in the tailgate than that game, with the Bills all but given up on playing football

Bump. I’ve got half of a whole NY strip ready to roast in the parking lot with some big red wines. Anyone want to share?

Same spot, Jay? The wife wants to come say hello (and drink your wine).

Clifton.

I’ll be there too. It will be nice to see you both again.

Bump.

We’ll see you all on Sunday - two glasses please!

Where’s that horned helmet you had me wear that time? :slight_smile:

I got roped into going to this game of 2 AFC East juggernaut. I don’t think I will be able to make it but enjoy the tailgate !!

I think I saw the crazy champagnes that were poured on IG this Sunday. I’d be a Jets fan for a day champagne.gif

2018-11-11.jpg

From left to right. Dan, Clifton, Jay (in the Jets jersey) and Will.

The highlight of the game, or should I say tailgate, was Jay’s brother - in - law competing in a tailgate taste-off. He was making pizza in a stone oven. Great finger food, as opposed to the competition of what looked like a delicious Tuscan chicken, and a paella dish that was over the top. I posted a video on Facebook if anyone wants to see. Nick Mangold was the celebrity judge.

I would be remiss in not thanking Jay for his BBQ skills at the game. This was my 2nd time attending a Jay Hack tailgate. If anyone has a chance in the future, run, don’t walk. Oh, and the wines were all above and beyond.

Nice meeting Will, and always good to see Clifton +1.

The tailgating I get, but how can you go to see the shitshow football team game after game, year after year?

The worse the game, the better the tailgate. It’s a rule. I believe our greatest tailgate was a 4 pm game on December 18, 1993 against the Cowboys. Do you have any idea how cold it is in the Piscataway swamp at 4 pm on December 18? We steamed a bushel of lobsters and grilled a whole filet mignon for those who like red meat.