APL Los Angeles

Any one have any interest in a small gathering at APL Restaurant in LA. 150+ day dry age ‘103’ ribeye…1+ year aged shortloin…dry age hangers…tour of dry age room

No idea on wines but seems like could be a night for some bad ass reds

I helped get the APL restaurant deal together so get pretty hooked up…PM if questions

Cap of 6ppl…maybe 3 open spots…no date yet so can be flexible

Sounds like fun. I’ll message my contact info.

Awesome.

Count me in! That sounds cool. I’m pretty flexible as well with preference to tuesday/thursdays.

Great.

steak prices look shockingly cheap given the aging - or am i missing something?

Source direct a ton or more at a time…and all aging is in house which allows for fair pricing.

I would like to join - been wanting to try that place. Mid week is generally best for me.

Sounds fun. Looks like you might be full but I’ll follow along and see where it goes.

6/6 as follows:

Cooperstein
Kaplan
Fu
Bohr
Whetstone
JS Martin

Now we just need to find a mid-week date that works for all and agree on wine theme. For aged beef how about theme of aged bad ass red?

As per the other thread in LA epicurean, would love to join.

i’m fine with that.

Tues/Thurs in the last two weeks of February are clear for me. Aged Cali Cab or Bordeaux?

I’m away in the UK from the 12th-20th of Feb unfortunately. After that is fine.

Theme wise I’m easy. Would probably have to buy in for aged cali cab but that’s ok.

Please weigh in on:

Date:
February 21 or
February 26

Theme:
Aged CA Cab or
Aged Bordeaux or
broader theme of just bring a killer bottle of aged red wine

Meat thinking:
3” thick 150+ day dry age 103 ribeye
1.5” thick 400 day dry age strip loin
2.25” thick 150+ day dry age 174 porterhouse
2 short term dry age hanger

Apps, sides, dessert…

I can do Feb 21 and Feb 26th with a slight preference for the 26th.

Aged means different things to different people. Are we talking wines with 20+ years, 30+ years, 40+?

Saul: Room for a couple more or is six the max? Would like to sneak in. [wink.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall

Can’t do the 26th. 21st works. Feel free to boot me if it works better for more on the 26th. It’s work for me to get up there on a school night.

I’m good with either night. Happy to accommodate those who travel the furthest.

26th better for me. Would probably prefer a variety of reds rather than a specific theme but I’m not that fussed.