Pichon Baron Vertical: Sun May 5th Avert West Htfd: 2 spots open

After enjoying an 89 Pichon that floored me, I procured a few more of them as well as some more recent vintages. To delve deeper into this producer I thought it would be great to arrange a vertical possibly with 8-10 vintages spanning 3 decades or more. I would be willing to offer up one of my prized 89’s as well as possibly a newer vintage if needed and if not a serious Champagne.

This event will happen on May 5th at Avert in West Hartford. I hope that as with many of the past events that I can gather some folks from Mass and maybe NY to make a short trip. It will be worth it as I am assuming we will have most of the better vintages. In particular 89, 90, 96, 00,05, I think we should cover as well as a few others.

So any interest in what could shape up to be an amazing event with great company amazing wines and good food ? Hoping there are enough other fans of this producer to make this happen.

We already have 8 folks who are definite and we have Fla NY and Ct all represented. Would love to get one of the Boston gang to make the trek ! As I want his event to be one of my best of my gigs ever I will in addition to my themed bottle{s} will provide a tete de cuvee Champagne as well as an aged Sauternes for dessert. For anyone that has not attended one of my events, there is more than enough food and wine always and most of all great comraderie.

Attendees:

1. Jonathan
  2. Chris F
  3. Larry and Joan
  4. David
    6.Tad
    7.John
    8.Jay

I can’t wait to read the notes on this—I’d be all over it if it were here (Chicago), and the oldest bottle I own (of ANYTHING) happens to be a ‘55 PB.

I’ll be happy to contribute a bottle of 2014 if there’s enough interest to have it in/near Hartford.

Bumpitty bump

Does anybody else have interest in this event ? I am surprised I don’t have more than 1 person from this board.

Are me and Chris{ who is on several boards as me} the only ones here enamored with this classic producer ? Or maybe others find vertical tastings uninspiring ? Personally I travel for offlines. if it is a special theme that is dear to me. Flew from the east coast to LA for the Krug vertical which was well worth it. I also flew down to Tampa for amazing Cabs and Comraderie. I realize some folks don’t travel for offlines, but if you do please join the event.

Whether we have 6 people, which we will easily reach or we have 10 folks either way the show must go on. Of course the more the merrier, up to 10 people max. There will be 8 or more vintages as I will provide multiples if necessary if we have less than 8 attending.