SF Bay Area/Peninsula OL June 17 - Donato

Ok summer is coming.

Let’s get one going for June.

I’m thinking June 17 since my kids will leave for summer on June 14.

Place -

Date - Monday

Time - 6:30p

Participants -
Chris
Larry
George (+1)
Alan
Andy (+1)
Dan (+1)
Gene
Wes
Robert
Andrea
Scott
Andrew (?+1)
Daniel
BillK

I’m good with the 17th!

Good with any Monday in June

Will likely bring my wife to this one

Ok plus one but she gets comped. I paid $60 for her free meal last time.

I’m good for the 17th. Where? Menlo Grill is now ruled out, they only allow 2 bottles per table free corkage, $25 after that, and apparently aren’t interested in working out any other arrangement.

How about Divino or Sole?

Depending on the number of people, I’d be interested in the 09 Foillard retrospective (@Larry)…

Always a vote for Sole, but probably if we’re at 10 or less.

Monday June 17th works well for me!

ABPM (Anything But Paul Martins)

Stags you missed the last Paul Martin’s. My date had a lovely meal. I’ll tell you all about it on the 17th.

Been awhile since we went to Yuzu, and our usual private space is likely available. But that would have to be on a Tuesday or later.

Pencil me in. Isn’t there any other restaurants you are willing to go to?

We used to go to Martins West, but whether we could offline there (corkage/bottle limit) depended on who was the manager. Any thoughts on Donato? I know the GM and could email him. IIRC, there was an issue with cost last time.

I say we throw a rager at Dans! I mean his kids are gone :tada::crazy_face::shushing_face:

17 (or 18th) looks good.

We could show up on the 14th, after the kids are gone, and just stay all weekend. [winner.gif]

The ongoing saga…and herding of cats. Larry and I both have contacts with Donato and they have been accommodating. The first dinner we did there was probably one of the best overall offlines ever. IIRC, we have not been back to Donato since late 2017. Martins West fell out of favor due to overall noise level.

In terms of space, the room in Divino is unbeatable and the food is solid. There was the Chinese night at Cooking Papa in Foster City when Gary ordered the private menu for the CNY, but the type of cuisine tends to be a bit tougher with wine…ditto with LV Mar in RWC (but excellent food).

Iberia in Belmont offered to do $35 for tapas/paella with $10/bottle corkage and guaranteed minimum of 12 covers but there was no interest in pursuing. Hence the current state of play.

Yes, I forgot about Iberia! Great suggestion!

A half year ago I talked to the sommelier at Parcel 104 near Shoreline and he wanted to have us there on a Monday with no corkage. Should I check?

Sure, let us know. It’s actually in Santa Clara, closer to Great America.

Think Sapore in Burlingame won’t charge corkage. I could probably get Broadway Prime in Burlingame to waive corkage as well. Both places are just okay…I can probably get a sushi place in Millbrae near Bart/Caltrain to give us private room and no corkage. Food is okay…Update after I posted, sushi place is closed on Mondays so scratch that.

Anyways add them to the master list if they aren’t already on.