David Burke Tavern NYC/Jean Edwards Cellars Wine Dinner 8/21

We are partnering with celebrity Chef David Burke for a very special Jean Edwards Cellars Wine dinner:

Date: 8/21/19
Time: 7:00 pm
Cost: $95 pp (+ tax and gratuity)

Chef Burke owns several restaurants, has written numerous cookbooks and is frequently on TV (including Iron Chef, Bravo’s Top Chef Masters, the Today Show and more). UPDATE - menu and wine pairings have now been posted!

Limited seating - please contact the restaurant directly to reserve your seats.

Hope to see you there!

Karen and John [cheers.gif]

We’re in, can’t wait! See you next month!

Awesome!! Hoping the menu is up soon on the website (but whatever David prepares, it will be great. He is such a talented and creative chef).

Karen - I really want to go to this with my wife, especially because I have missed the last few and we would like to meet you, but schedule is tight. If there is space left as we get closer, and we can make it, we will jump on it.

Hope to see you Jay - would be great to finally meet!

Original post updated as menu and wine pairings are now available.

Hi Karen, just bought my ticket and looking forward to the event. See you guys there!

Karen - Look forward to experiencing the “Pastrami Salmon Layer Cake”, it will certainly be a first for me! Look forward to a great event and pulling for a big turnout for you.

Awesome look forward to meeting you!

Pastrami Salmon is one of David Burke’s signature dishes but we have never had it in “layer cake” form - he is such a creative chef I am sure the pairings will be very interesting. [cheers.gif]

K - Jane and I are looking forward to the dinner and seeing you again.

Super - will be great to see you both again!

Chris - should be a fun evening. Last count we had 40 attending!

Ok. My wife and I are in. Reservations just paid for and confirmed. You’re going to have to convince me about pairing the Mabec with striped bass. If it’s like Cahors, sounds interesting. If it’s like South American . . . not so much. AND that from a New World wine lover. BUT I can’t wait to try your wines.

Awesome!!! Last count we are at 50 - should be a great evening. BTW I am not convinced about the striped bass and malbec pairing either but I am trusting the chef. We shall see. [cheers.gif]

50 people! That’s quite a party. You must be famous! I will have to remember to wear a Berserker pin and bring the Helmet!

Great event Karen and John! The Sauv Blanc was delicious and one of the more food friendly SBs I’ve had. The star of the show, however, had to be the Rutherford Cab. Terrific old world cab. Great venue and a all around great event, glad we were able to attend. Cheers!

Thanks everyone for attending - a night of good food and wine with some old friends and lots of new ones!
A0BA623E-B8FB-4297-9042-33342B3892CF.jpeg
B4C55B80-0F94-4502-9D1B-D1CA6211852A.jpeg
AE759FD5-90CD-462F-BA57-535A4C62D5F4.jpeg
01027D17-55DD-4CBC-ABDE-940EC26B3197.jpeg
E90D460F-F04A-49B0-A4F7-A31A45F6ABA8.jpeg

Thanks for a great event. Rebecca and I debated over the two cabs. I think the GIII has the potential of being a real great wine but it will take a decade at least to mature and really be ready. My taste buds will be dead by then, but the younger crowd should jump all over it. The PH (no trademark violation) cab was more approachable now. The SB was also excellent. Food friendly, none of the bad cat flavors from Sancerre and no grassy weedy stuff from New Zealand, just pure fruit.

I have 1 left of the 3 purchased on Berserkerday!

Maybe next year I’ll buy a half case.