College of Wooster parents?

Our youngest starts at the College of Wooster (Wooster, OH) later this month. To my pleasant surprise, I found a couple of wine-board friends from the old WS/WCWN days in a parents Facebook group, so I thought I’d poke around here. Are there any other Berserkers with kids currently attending?

No, but I am only an hour or so north. If you plan anything, it would be great to drive down or you can come up.

Loren, that would be great. If you remember Ed and Mo B e c k e r from way back in the day, they are the ones I was referring to. I think you and they (and I) were around at the same time on some of those old boards. It would be great to meet you and them in person at some point!

We leave tomorrow for move-in, but our schedule is pretty tight. Ed and Mo aren’t coming for move-in this year (they have a soph, I have a frosh)

One possibility would be Saturday night October 19. That is parents weekend, but if I’m reading the schedule right we’re on our own for dinner that night. If you might be able to come down for that, let me know and we’ll see as it gets closer.

Cheers!

Btw, my other Ohio mission involving an old-time wine board guy has been to try and get Bob to open a Graeter’s scoop shop in Wooster. So far no dice… [cry.gif]

I’m in Columbus if you come through

I will hold the 19th for now. We finally got a Graeters near me up here. And of course, the stores carry them now. Maybe you can get some at Buehler’s?

Fwiw, corkage is not allowed in Ohio, but some places will make an exception if you ask. Or, I am always happy to host something up here.

Have fun at the drop off. My youngest graduated (Purdue) last May so we are empty nesters.

Kenyon alum…GO LORDS!

Hello,

Is there a Facebook group for international parents? My friend is an international student from Spain and his dad wants to join the community for College of Wooster parents. They are planning to consider GoinGlobal program to choose an internship later, as he’s probably going to work in Spain after graduation.

There is a parents group on Facebook called Wooster Parents and Families. Some of the parents who post there are international, but I don’t know if there is a separate group just for international parents.

High school graduate of Wooster here…never thought My tiny hometown would make it to WB [cheers.gif]

Coccia House off-line?

If they’ll allow it, I’m down! Not sure when we’ll be back for our next visit, and haven’t checked Coccia House out yet. Hopefully Loren could join us. I’ll keep this in mind…