Cali Cabs Bdx blends Mon Sept 30th Avert West Hartford

As the Summer fades way too fast and fall approaches I realized although I have been busy with other wine events, I have not arranged an offline since June.

Getting tougher to pick themes so may have to repeat some past ones which is fine. I think it we should do Cali Cabs and bordeaux blends. Perhaps as a sub theme try to bring a fairly new kid on the block that others have not likely tried. For me I have some highly recommended wines I have never tasted. For example Ketan Mody’s Beta wine or Kinsman or VHR are other good examples

I think most of our regulars enjoy cabs, but if anyone has a
strong preference for something else let’s discuss. Of course the regular gang as well as any newbies or past guests are welcome. So far Boston and NJ and upstate NY visitors have joined us in recent events.

Ideally thinking Mon Sept 9th, 23rd, or 30th as potential dates. The restaurants we frequent usually charge us very reasonable corkage. I would be happy to return to Peppercorns as everyone loved it last time. Or I also adore Avert and they spoiled us rotten last time.

For any new attendees we have a general rule simply bring the best you can. No Caymus or Yellow Tail though !

Who’s in ?

Attendees:

1 Jonathan
2 Dennis and Windy
4 Chris F
5 Joe

I might be able to sneak away from work for this. Later in the month is a little better for me.
My cellar isn’t too deep with California wines but I do have 4 different 2014 Cabs/Bdx blends, all from the same producer.

Alternatively as you are a big Bordeaux fan perhaps we can do a dual theme bordeaux/cab shoot out. Maybe either single or double blind ?

I drink Bordeaux nearly every day. A slight change of pace won’t do me any harm. :smiley:

Bump !
Everyone except me and Chris are from other boards or groups. Does anybody else wish to join ?
I realize there are several private groups locally but there are PLENTY of wine lovers here that have never been to an offline and you should join !