Oh Yeah, almost forgot! Host Loren Sonkin as The Jets Crush The Browns, Metlife Stadium, New Jersey, 9/16/19

Our world famous tailgates, featured in the Wall Street Journal, will continue this year. I have a brand new 200,000 BTU burner and the rest of our regular crew will be there cooking. Unfortunately, Loren is a vegetarian. I haven’t figured out exactly what to go with, but I’m thinking fresh deep fried cauliflower and onion Pakoras along with Croques Madames and maybe some vegetable tempura. There will also be plenty of Meat.

Theme: We like big red wine so I will probably bring a Saxum Magnum to celebrate. You are welcome to attend and bring wine worth drinking. It need not be Saxum. It was the Reserve du Celestins that got us in the WSJ. I will bring glasses for everyone because it doesn’t taste quite as good in a Solo Cup, but it wouldn’t be the first time. If you want to bring food to cook, that’s fine, but something that will cook on a grill is the best choice (think anything from Flannery or skirt steak) because we will be able to cook that.

Please post below if you will attend so that I know how much food and how many glasses to bring.

We will probably set up at Parking Lot Stanchion G5 near the Metlife gate on the east side of the Stadium, but we will figure it out for sure this weekend at the Buffalo game.

If you can’t make this game, we tailgate with serious wine every Jets home game.

Assuming my checked bag makes it thru ok, put me down for a Magnum of 2005 Saxum Rocket Block. My son will be joining us, so I will bring something else as well. He can have my share of the meat. :slight_smile: Thanks very much!

Damn, wish I could attend this one…Go Browns!

So what you’re saying is that you did not ruin your son’s life by making him a vegetarian, right?

No, I am sure I did in other ways though. pileon

Monday night at 8:15 is a killer. I have an 0700 flight from our home airport Tuesday morning.

Sorry to miss you Loren. Hope to see you at the Toronto cellar clearing next summer.

Same!

Come at 6 pm for the wine and food, leave when the game starts.

Is this still the plan?

I’m bringing a Saxum magnum and a Schrader if my son can find it. Otherwise an Aubert Loren . . . I mean Lauren. Loren supposedly has another Saxum and some Sonkin Cellars syrah.

Food will include Shitake and Oyster Mushroom Risotto, Tofu with eggplant, onions and ginger in a weirdo spicy sauce, potato pierogi, and, for the meat eaters, skirt steak and kielbasa with cole slaw or sauerkraut and French Fries.

Meet us near parking lot stanchion G3. Bring wine.

Bring some good luck for your Jets, too - I bet on the upset before I heard that San Clemente’s own Sam Darnold has mono and will not play.

Party on, guys